New Salary Cap rules for 2017

RS

I have explained why I think the cap should be substantially higher and I don't see why I should selectively answer the topics you choose when you ignore much of what I wrote to suit yourself. There is more than enough evidence to show that their is substantially more money in the game than 13 years ago.

The evidence was that the clubs were selectively £68,000,000 in debt at the start of 2014 and many of them desperate for money to prevent them folding, hence the £300,000 advanced payments clubs clamoured for to cover debts

The new contract only upped the annual TV share by a three hundred thousand. That is all yet you want them to spend another £700,000! Do you think clubs are sitting on £400,000 a year spare

Much of the "money in the game" is private money and the chairmen were adamant they don't want to put more in, several would be happy to walk if the stakes were raised

Maybe you won't answer the "Topics I choose" because you can't answer them without depleting your argument.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks

Lee F and DoubleD only think it's a superb post because they don't like me disagreeing with them and proving their own arguments wrong.

If you won't answer my questions as regards your assertions the cap can easily go to £2.5M without unbalancing the game and causing disaster then I invite Lee and Dee to come off the sidelines, get in the game and demonstrate to me how that can be done??

Because you clearly won't and I assume it's because you can't.

Over to Lee and Dee.......

Lee F and DoubleD only think it's a superb post because they don't like me disagreeing with them and proving their own arguments wrong.

If you won't answer my questions as regards your assertions the cap can easily go to £2.5M without unbalancing the game and causing disaster then I invite Lee and Dee to come off the sidelines, get in the game and demonstrate to me how that can be done??

Because you clearly won't and I assume it's because you can't.

Over to Lee and Dee.......

You flatter yourself

The post was liked because it was everything yours aren't. That is it added value to the discussion, didn't rant, made sense and wasn't deluded

However if things are as bad as you make out and they cant afford to spend more, even this year when the Salary Cap is fully covered by TV money, then perhaps they shouldn't even be in Super League anyway and maybe they should find a more sustainable level. 

"Of the new Sky deal, which is worth around £200m and runs until 2021, Koukash said "I voted against it, because I didn't think it is the right one.  Like Lenagan, Koukash was especially annoyed at the lack of notice he and the other Super League chairmen were given, having been summoned to a meeting last Thursday at 24 hours notice. "I have nothing against Sky, "But hang on, there's other TV players around. Have we talked to them, or gone to a tendering process? No. Why commit for so long? "All right, we've got more money – bloody £300,000 per year. Will it let us increase the salary cap? No. I tell you what it will do – it will allow us to stabilise some of the clubs"

Heres the rebel chairmen's view, the increase in the SKY money stabilised clubs it didn't allow them all to go on salary spending sprees, that offer of stability with an immediate payment bought votes. 

Meanwhile Eamonn McManus said:

"Clearly we hold different opinions (to Koukash and Lenagan) and I think mine is based upon fact."

“I’m looking back on the history of the game – and I defy anyone to come with a period when we have provided solvency at a stroke, stability at a stroke and whereby we can plan financially for the future.

“I do not see how anyone can criticise it to any degree without coming up with a better alternative. We are dealing with reality.

"The new television deal will provide a 63 per cent uplift in income for Super League clubs and every level of the sport will benefit directly."

So, somebody is lying, and there is one of those two who have an awful lot of form for it.

Unless the previous deal was only worth £450k per year then Koukash is wrong.

http://www.totalrl.com/salary-cap-raised-across-board-next-year/

"RFL chief executive Nigel Wood has revealed that the salary cap of £1.85m will be applicable across ALL three top-level competitions next year.

Wood spoke at a media briefing on Wednesday and revealed that there will be no limit on what he described as “entrepreneurial owners” in the lower leagues from 2017.

“It will be one salary cap system for all the leagues,” he said.

“If you’ve got an entrepreneurial owner who wants to invest, there will be no restriction on that. Where there’s an owner who wants their club to ‘have a go’, then they can, although the ‘50% rule’ applies.

“There’s a finite cap of £1.85m or 50% of turnover – whichever is lower. The clubs are discussing all that and they will be looking forward at what the strategic tactics are to  improve the supply and quality of players".

You say clubs "can sit back and develop juniors" if not interested in spending massive amounts of money chasing the SL dream? Whhat is not to like unless your club is completely dirt poor and the people running it or owning it are lazy?"

You miss the serious UK player shortage, clubs cannot just develop juniors as for a number of them there's little junior ARL about even if they do this the rich clubs will just take them off them and they'll have lost money on them.

These salary cap changes seem to be entirely based on the Canadian club and Toulouse.

If we are running out of English players it looks like the hope is France and Canada will swell the player pool.

so once again nige goes into nero mode 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

I can't verify this but I have been told via an ex-player that it is costing £50k per month from Degsie's wallet to keep Leigh afloat, no wonder he was moaning about a pour turnout of fans against Bradford.

If you can`t verify it why say it .My uncles dog said that Wane is a complete 4ckwit,now that can be verified.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

If you can`t verify it why say it .

Because he's allowed to pass the opinion, share the thought, or say what he's heard, and who knows, one of our Leigh colleagues may be able to help verify it.

It's also quite clear Beaumont is pumping in a lot of money, he's been pushing the salary cap up, taking the begging bowl around the Leigh business community (and not getting much) so when you are aiming to spend big without the income from the club it's quite clear he'll be putting in a lot

£600K a year or £50K a month sounds about right and good luck to Leigh, let's hope they get the promotion they deserve.

Archived