Sddal v Rochdale Mayfield

A godd game today that went down to the wire with Mayfield putting a restart dead and giving a penalty chance to Siddal to win the game with one point.

Mayfields young team containing 5 under 18s gave Siddal a big fright and deserved to win.

Starved of possession they nearly produced a shock result.

The match referee Kevin Moore had what could only be described as a very very poor match. He failed the penalise offside, holding down and slowing the play the ball down. His decision to give a knock on to Siddal in front of the Mayfield posts almost on time lead to Siddal scoring a try that put them one point behind. What he chose to ignore was a blatant knock on by Siddal which was the first offence.

Lastly his biggest mistake was taking no action to the Siddal player who spit at the Mayfield centre which resulted in the first mallee of the day and a yellow card for the Mayfield guy who took exception to his team mate being spat at.

A better Ref would have produced a completely different result.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Lastly his biggest mistake was taking no action to the Siddal player who spit at the Mayfield centre which resulted in the first mallee of the day and a yellow card for the Mayfield guy who took exception to his team mate being spat at.

I belive Siddal had a player put in the sin bin as well, and you seem to have forgotten the deliberate attack on the knee while being stood in the tackle which actually started the melee when the player took exception to someone trying to end his career

A godd game today that went down to the wire with Mayfield putting a restart dead and giving a penalty chance to Siddal to win the game with one point.

Mayfields young team containing 5 under 18s gave Siddal a big fright and deserved to win.

The match referee Kevin Moore had what could only be described as a very very poor match. He failed the penalise offside, holding down and slowing the play the ball down. His decision to give a knock on to Siddal in front of the Mayfield posts almost on time lead to Siddal scoring a try that put them one point behind. What he chose to ignore was a blatant knock on by Siddal which was the first offence.

Translation please.

Translation please.

Into what. Are you unable to read in Yorkshire. How about Bengali or Urdu as that's the most commonly spoken language in the area.

ok big doug I will give a version from a siddal point of view,1st of all it was a great match competed by 2 teams giving everything,the referee was week on the holding down but was the same for both teams.there was unfortunately 2 incidents which resulted in 2 yellow cards each ,but this did not take away the excitement of the game,i agree with you Mayfield played very well and deserved something from the game..........but  being 13 points down with less than 5 mins 2 go showed great character from the siddal boys....Siddal were 7 behind with a minute left scored a converted try ,ref and touch judge indicated there was only 1 play left.....unbelievably the kick off sailed straight into touch,resulting with gavin stead kicking the penalty from halfway to win the game.....well played Mayfield,take defeat with  grace !!!

The conversion to win the game from the half way line was worthy of winning any game. So no bad grace there on my part. With the possession that Siddal had they should have blown us away. You cannot keep tackling without it taking effect late in the game. Hence Siddal putting points on the board late in the game. They were helped during that period with some very very poor refereeing. On the day that proved to be the difference on the day.

I have been of the opinion that Siddal have been the stand out team now for the last two seasons.

The conversion to win the game from the half way line was worthy of winning any game. So no bad grace there on my part. With the possession that Siddal had they should have blown us away. You cannot keep tackling without it taking effect late in the game. Hence Siddal putting points on the board late in the game. They were helped during that period with some very very poor refereeing. On the day that proved to be the difference on the day.

I have been of the opinion that Siddal have been the stand out team now for the last two seasons.

It's never Mayfields fault !!!

Any game that is played,u can always blame the ref,prob myself at times but at the end of the day without the man in the middle and his 2 assistants we wud all b in the bar,not watching a game....but like davo5 says Mayfield seem to have a problem with losing and blaming the officials !!

No problem with loosing. The problem was the events that caused the defeat namely a ref who made some poor decisions. The Siddal supporters arround us were all laughing at the knock on decision that lead to Siddals las try. In the end Mayfield were their own worst enemy by kicking the restart dead. Some you win some you loose.

Into what. Are you unable to read in Yorkshire. How about Bengali or Urdu as that's the most commonly spoken language in the area.

Basic English would be a start.

I'd leave the other languages for now.

Basic English would be a start.

I'd leave the other languages for now.

I was not aware that the fans forum was a test of ones English Grammar ability. If that was the case there would be very little posted.

It might be worthwhile reading your two very very brief posts if we have to consider what it correct English. That said you do come from Yorkshire so as usual we have to make allowances.

Archived