Swinton Match

Supporter

still a daft way to do it pal so basically there's no guarentee you'll go to Canada should be home and away for every team as it is you could play all the better teams away if you know what I mean some teams will have a better fixture list than others

Yes that's right. If you end up in the same half of the draw you could end up playing Toronto 3 times. Rochdale have played Toulouse home and away and may have to go there again. Barrow could end up going there 2 weeks in succession.

Coventry haven't played Hemel at home but will play there twice but we didn't go to S. Wales but they came to us twice.

If you were to be relegated along with Haven and Barrow were not promoted we could have 3 trips to Cumbria depending on the draw! Thats 3 very expensive trips. A trip to Toronto would be free though.

If you go down then you have the prospect of long trips to S. WALES, London, Hemel, Oxford, Cheltenham and Coventry. Al very expensive.

On the plus side visiting fans tell us that Coventry is one of the best match day experiences.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SS - the standard Fifita came from wasn't a million miles away from NRL there are decent players in that League. Look at Tagata and Calahane at Halifax, they've had 2 good seasons. Fifita also played NSW Cup for Western Magpies - the level below NRL.

Granted Horton was from a level below Fifita. I thought there was something about Horton that could have benfitted Town, but it hardly ever came out, and I think he struggled with the physicality of the Championship, its a tough league. Maybe he was something to work on by Vievers.

Those two were no advert for the standard of competition they came from--on the odd occasion they managed to get on the field they were blowing like broken winded cab horses after 10 minutes. I take your point about the 2 Halifax players but maybe they're the exception that proves the rule. Even poor teams throw up a few good players--Town and Jam are on death row but we still boast one of  the best prospects in Ritson, Shacks would grace most Champ. front rows and Aiye and the big Jessy are class acts even if they wear the wrong shirts. There were the odd flashes of promise from Horton but I don't think Phil is capable of improving anybody. Surely he'll be down the road at the end of this  diabolical season?  

I would think if supporters travel away on the supporters Bus's then it wouldnt be a great deal more expensive just time consuming and not very good if you are working the next day

Overland and allowing for refreshment breaks I reckon the trusty Red House charabanc should get to Toronto in about 3 weeks---don't know about the return trip though!! :jester:  :jester:

Those two were no advert for the standard of competition they came from--on the odd occasion they managed to get on the field they were blowing like broken winded cab horses after 10 minutes. I take your point about the 2 Halifax players but maybe they're the exception that proves the rule. Even poor teams throw up a few good players--Town and Jam are on death row but we still boast one of the best prospects in Ritson, Shacks would grace most Champ. front rows and Aiye and the big Jessy are class acts even if they wear the wrong shirts. There were the odd flashes of promise from Horton but I don't think Phil is capable of improving anybody. Surely he'll be down the road at the end of this diabolical season?

You'd certainly expect so if we're to be able to attract any amateurs. His reputation amongst them will be mud the way he's treat some of them.

Archived