Swinton Match

Supporter

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Whitehaven match admittedly a 2.00 ko is on Radio Cumbria. Anybody know a link to a Manchester station with commentary?

theres no live commentary anywhere for the swinton game , the bbc radio cumbria in all their wisdom chose the haven halifax game when that game is already covered by halifax official so it has 2 commentaries to choose from and town has none !

1. He has been to town games

2. Tee is a great talent

3. Murphy is like James Milner, do u a job but no world beater and an expense town don't need when they have carter coming back next year.

carter wont be back next year.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Come on town hang in there! Haven 10 fax 30 FT

Looking like both of us are going down I expected haven to win that one against a team who have lost the last 6 and had 5 academy players on the field, just a matter of pride for who doesn't finish bottom.

Looking like both of us are going down I expected haven to win that one against a team who have lost the last 6 and had 5 academy players on the field, just a matter of pride for who doesn't finish bottom.

the 60 minute horror show we put on against haven gave them a false sense of security. I am certain we would have won last week and today with our key playets fit. Its very frustrating

So if you have followed Tee's development for years you will know just how good he is at full back Sandy. So is he not wasted out on the wing?

Whatever your opinion is of it others have different thoughts, but what gives you the right to attack Wonder of wood because he may not be a Town fan? From what I read the lad knows and loves his rugby, that's good enough for me and I usually agree with him as he is usually bang on the money. I don't always agree though but isn't that what it's all about?

Precisely---I couldn't agree more. My opinion is that somebody who only sees our players in the odd away game shouldn't be telling us where to play them. That's my view which you graciously allow me even if it differs from yours? Suggesting that Declan and Jason should do a stint in the second row is just plain daft. Even you might agree with that. I am fully aware of Tee's  potential as a first class full back but sadly I doubt it will be in a Town shirt. This disastrous season is over for us and I see little point in getting young Ritson "Hammered down the middle" when the jig is up. In any case Jack is a seasoned and effective operator at the back and,if you hadn't noticed we are not exactly over-endowed with wingers. I believe Tee is in the right position both for this part of the season and at this stage of his career--why get him beat up pursuing a lost cause? I love my Rugby League too but I wouldn't venture to go on other clubs' forums suggesting how and where they should deploy their players.    All may not be doom and gloom however -next season we might have Wayne Bennett and a couple of South Seas stardust - sprinklers to lead us to victory against Toronto. (That's called irony Voodoo)

Well if it wasn't over already then that's us done. Bring on Championship 1. Some attractive looking away trips (albeit a bit expensive) and a few more wins to look forward to, Ourselves and Haven in the same division will at least keep the interest there.

Going to be a whole lot of changes ahead!

Bang on town army. The fat lady is in full voice now. A clean out from top to bottom is needed if we are to ever be a competetive championship side again.

I hope your "vociferous" fans have a safe journey home

To the couple of half wits who think it's OK to give a little lad ballboy stick and abuse I pity you

One or two real idiots in your ranks today but I suppose we are all saddled with them

On the playing front Towns effort was immense. As always tough committed and occasionally skillful

You should be proud of that effort and not be too critical of your lads

It was much closer than I expected when I saw the squad announced. Brilliant effort from the lads who played in a very threadbare team with a few lads playing injured who wouldn't have normally. You can't ask anymore from the lads on the field.

Think the league is about done and dusted now. We have been ridiculously unlucky with injuries but it was always a gamble to go with a squad so small.

Major changes ahead for the club, I just hope we come back all the better for it next season.

UTT!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I hope your "vociferous" fans have a safe journey home

To the couple of half wits who think it's OK to give a little lad ballboy stick and abuse I pity you

One or two real idiots in your ranks today but I suppose we are all saddled with them

On the playing front Towns effort was immense. As always tough committed and occasionally skillful

You should be proud of that effort and not be too critical of your lads

Yes, we have a few planks who have their limited brain cells topped up with alcohol and the result is a totally disgraceful incident involving a kid who was entitled to enjoy his day on the touchline but had it  ruined .  No criticism of our players from the true fans--- with what we had to go with today I am proud of the 80 minute effort from lads who will have to get up for the day job tomorrow. 

its a catch 22 situation when there is no reserve team games , the bigger the squad then the more players missing games will quit or go back to amateur clubs , losing both top notch hookers and both first choice second row players and down to one winger all at the same time would kill any hopes of most teams at his level . Just very bad luck .

Didn't see the incident referred to above, but did mingle briefly with some lovely Town fans at the end, as we waited for the players to come off the pitch. Our little lads were wanting to get some autographs, and we were lucky enough to borrow a pen off a very kind lady from Workington. Long way to come to see a patched up team give it their all. Massive respect - safe home :-)

I spoke to a couple of great town fans too Chris who bemoaned the presence of the couple of halfwits every week

Got to admire Town fans. They do a trip I hate a couple of times a season every two weeks. Hats of to them

..I know the majority are great fans

i think were all aware of the fans mentioned, at the haven game 1 of our own fans was an embarrasement to the club. 1 cider and what little sense was there just tumbles out.

At the end of the day the 2 worst teams in the division are going down. I dont think any fan can argue with that.

Archived