Swinton Match

Supporter

Heard he's intending taking Town to Court over his injuries. His brother took him down to Wakefield to see their medical team and that was their advice

Not sure how true that can be as he was injured at the point of signing

I've heard some eye-watering figures as well as to how much the 2 years have cost Town

Doubt he could have the face to do that?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard he's intending taking Town to Court over his injuries. His brother took him down to Wakefield to see their medical team and that was their advice

I've heard some eye-watering figures as well as to how much the 2 years have cost Town

definately been on more than everyone other than sammut. If you think what hes had out of town compared to someone like ollie whos gave his all then its quite embarrasing on the clubs part

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Nothing surprises me in this age of litigation and ambulance chasing lawyers. I think it should have been Town who took this to court under the trade descriptions act. Fifita and Horton hobbled off the plane and promptly lapsed into super-crock mode with a catalogue of injuries which made a mockery of the contracts they were on. Mercifully Horton spat the dummy out after the first non-season (did he simply go or was there some severance payment) Shame the other pot-hoss hadn't limped onto the flight with him. Can't imagine what grounds he has for suing Town if they have honoured his contract. Surely the operations he had are the responsibility of whichever surgeon performed them?  I firmly believe that those two signings and the collapse of dual reg with Wigan has put us where we are. Regrettably any enquiries into these fiascos would be greeted with the response--"It's nobody's business but ours "

matty retiring, mcavoy off to newcastle apparently. Ollie wont be back, i doubt perry will be. The lads have been treated very poorly this year. I wouldnt be surprised if theres a mass exodus.

They were asked to take a pay cut because of a financial situation that wasn't forseen, not great I know but just remember how well some players have been looked after these past few years. There's quite a few who have had very long periods of time out of the game due to injury and other reasons (full seasons for some) and were all well looked after and paid in full. You would like to think that moving forward we will once again have a good reputation for looking after our players.

Nothing surprises me in this age of litigation and ambulance chasing lawyers. I think it should have been Town who took this to court under the trade descriptions act. Fifita and Horton hobbled off the plane and promptly lapsed into super-crock mode with a catalogue of injuries which made a mockery of the contracts they were on. Mercifully Horton spat the dummy out after the first non-season (did he simply go or was there some severance payment) Shame the other pot-hoss hadn't limped onto the flight with him. Can't imagine what grounds he has for suing Town if they have honoured his contract. Surely the operations he had are the responsibility of whichever surgeon performed them?  I firmly believe that those two signings and the collapse of dual reg with Wigan has put us where we are. Regrettably any enquiries into these fiascos would be greeted with the response--"It's nobody's business but ours "

Fully agree, those 2 signings have cost us a fortune and someone has to take the blame, lack of dual reg with Wigan has also been a disaster, do you think we would have lost against haven last week if we could have had 3 or 4 more fresh players to call on ? Their 5 loanees made all the difference.

They were asked to take a pay cut because of a financial situation that wasn't forseen, not great I know but just remember how well some players have been looked after these past few years. There's quite a few who have had very long periods of time out of the game due to injury and other reasons (full seasons for some) and were all well looked after and paid in full. You would like to think that moving forward we will once again have a good reputation for looking after our players.

mud sticks unfortunately. And i cant see anything improving under the current regime. Hopefully all the rumours are true and the club can move forward and the new people can persuade our better players to stay put. I think with lads who are injured year after year then regardless of quality we look elsewhere.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

You seem to fail to recognise that the injured players you refer to were injured and out of the game because of the injuries the received whilst playing for the club. When they are injured they only receive contract money and fore go playing money, also if they are badly injured they miss work and employers are not best pleased and puts their jobs at risk, (with the exception if you work at Sellafield), these players normally train 2-3 times a week, travelling to away matches from 8 oclock in the morning to 9 oclock at night, training and playing takes up a hell of their family time and this should be acknowledge by critics. Latu and others who came to the club are the fault of the club officials for signing them,I was told that jam was approached by Latu's agent but they checked with their OZ contacts and they were told not to bother as he had injury problems with his knees,did our BoD do any fitness checks?

You seem to fail to recognise that the injured players you refer to were injured and out of the game because of the injuries the received whilst playing for the club. When they are injured they only receive contract money and fore go playing money, also if they are badly injured they miss work and employers are not best pleased and puts their jobs at risk, (with the exception if you work at Sellafield), these players normally train 2-3 times a week, travelling to away matches from 8 oclock in the morning to 9 oclock at night, training and playing takes up a hell of their family time and this should be acknowledge by critics. Latu and others who came to the club are the fault of the club officials for signing them,I was told that jam was approached by Latu's agent but they checked with their OZ contacts and they were told not to bother as he had injury problems with his knees,did our BoD do any fitness checks?

Think the answer to that one is fairly obvious, 

When we signed him I suggested there may be a problem, Player hitting all the headlines and then suddenly disapears off the radar half way through the season??

Got to tell you something, surely

I have always believed that the players outside of Super League give a lot in terms of their time and physical commitment in a collision sport for the money that most of them receive. That will never change as long as our sport is mis-managed by the myopic mandarins at Red Hall. They can't see past Super League and their obsession with fast tracking teams from exotic locations is to the terminal detriment of traditional and Historic Clubs like ours. Expecting guys with day-jobs to travel to Toronto and Toulouse is pure lunacy. As for the 2 Aussie disasters I think we should reprise what we were told by their Agents and by whoever gave them medical clearance . Apart from the injury aspect I think it was fairly obvious that their general fitness was well below par as might be expected having been playing in an Australian Competition which is a million miles off N.R.L. standard.  Hindsight is a cruel tormentor but for the outlay wasted on those 2 we could have recruited 3 or 4 decent domestic players. 

I have always believed that the players outside of Super League give a lot in terms of their time and physical commitment in a collision sport for the money that most of them receive. That will never change as long as our sport is mis-managed by the myopic mandarins at Red Hall. They can't see past Super League and their obsession with fast tracking teams from exotic locations is to the terminal detriment of traditional and Historic Clubs like ours. Expecting guys with day-jobs to travel to Toronto and Toulouse is pure lunacy. As for the 2 Aussie disasters I think we should reprise what we were told by their Agents and by whoever gave them medical clearance . Apart from the injury aspect I think it was fairly obvious that their general fitness was well below par as might be expected having been playing in an Australian Competition which is a million miles off N.R.L. standard.  Hindsight is a cruel tormentor but for the outlay wasted on those 2 we could have recruited 3 or 4 decent domestic players.

I agree in order to travel to Toronto our team first needs to travel to Manchester or Glasgow airport 2 -3 hours by coach then 3 hours in the airport before the flight time, 8 -9 hours flight time then clear customs 1 hour then travel to their hotel and adjust to the time change, loosen up and train then play a competative match with a number of the team suffering jet lag. Part time players with jobs will be off work from Thursday or Friday to Tuesday or Wednesday the following week "idiotic".

I can imagine them looking forward to Canada and making a holiday out of it, but I can't imagine many relishing the trips to the South of the country and back in a day.

you don't play all the southern teams twice you play the traditional clubs home and away and the southern clubs once so it's half of them at home half away they play each other home and away and the traditional clubs once whatever happened to playing everyone home and away

you don't play all the southern teams twice you play the traditional clubs home and away and the southern clubs once so it's half of them at home half away they play each other home and away and the traditional clubs once whatever happened to playing everyone home and away

No. You play all of the clubs EITHER home or away in the first round. The top group then play either home or away for promotion. The bottom group play off for £10k

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

No. You play all of the clubs EITHER home or away in the first round. The top group then play either home or away for promotion. The bottom group play off for £10k

still a daft way to do it pal so basically there's no guarentee you'll go to Canada should be home and away for every team as it is you could play all the better teams away if you know what I mean some teams will have a better fixture list than others

SS - the standard Fifita came from wasn't a million miles away from NRL there are decent players in that League. Look at Tagata and Calahane at Halifax, they've had 2 good seasons. Fifita also played NSW Cup for Western Magpies - the level below NRL.

Granted Horton was from a level below Fifita. I thought there was something about Horton that could have benfitted Town, but it hardly ever came out, and I think he struggled with the physicality of the Championship, its a tough league. Maybe he was something to work on by Vievers.

Archived