Friendly Match

andyram

Summer fixture, so not a friendly.I don't think either chairman would be daft enough to risk a dunking on Boxing Day!If memory serves me correctly, there was also a barrel of beer as a bonus for the winning team.Memory clearly faulty, though, as I don't recall who actually won.

Winner went straight to the grand final at Widnes , losers had to play again to get there

IMG_0583.JPG

No I truly don't BB. Whichever side wins at these friendlies is pretty irrelevant. IMO of course.

isn't this Match for the Roy Powell Trophy ?......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

isn't this Match for the Roy Powell Trophy ?......

Yes, but if your coach uses about 35 interchanges like ours did last year, then you would also regard it as irrelevant I suspect.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

May be but I'm pretty sure the negativity on the dewsbury forum has put off more than one who won't be attending?

He only goes to MP when he can get in for a fiver.

:onthequiet:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

He only goes to MP when he can get in for a fiver.

:onthequiet:

Won't be going anywhere this season..

Kinda had to cut my nose off to spite my face.

No Ram's season ticket,so no in for,a fiver at batley

Principles are principles

And if you go,don't enjoy what you see,don't see things change,see the same old cobblers listening to the same old excuses...

Why go to torment yourself..

Simply you don't

Until things change....

And they certainly will without doubt ;)

I could always buy a giant's season ticket and get into both for a fiver :)

Regardless of the teams fortunes isnt the boxing day tie part of the xmas holidays.

Xmas family time then boxing day on the sauce and get stains on your new santa clobber? (Was 10 yr ago)

Only missed a handful of games at yuletide and usually hot trot it back from filey with the car boot bungee corded shut and kids up to their eyes in boxs

Come on rams get up the slope and make some noise

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived