Friendly Match

andyram

Says on rugby league.com fixture list,we play a team called Yowies RL.A touring team from Australia on 15th January at Tetley's stadium.

Hopefully this game will be confirmed by the club if its happening.

I know the club where trying to arrange a game against the touring Aussie's but as far as I know nothing as been confirmed yet.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Also confirmed Wakefield and Leigh games: https://twitter.com/DewsburyRams/status/809444045437145088

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Thanks for that.

Is it also true that, as has been previously posted,  we have to take the equivalent of 2 bus loads to Leigh as a trigger criteria?  

how big is a bus ?....they could be minis or  whoppers ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

So thats circa 10k each ..... just imagine if there were 3000 at ours for Wakey and 3000  at LSV for Leigh.. that would be around  another 60k in the till!!  

Imagine just what 70k could do for the clubs finances!!  ...  If I was MS i would be marketing these games any way i could!! 

We will see Boxing Day if you can get a hundred travelling fans

Last time the relative numbers were counted at MP it turned out that there were more Rams fans than Dogs, despite the claims of your lot, and KN got a soaking for his troubles too.

Lets hope that we do get a good turnout but I fear that it will be well short of 2000.

You really are deluded if you think that batley take alot more fans to dewsbury than we do to yours. As bsj said above last time they did the counts on gates dewsbury had more and that was at yours. Its because 95% of your fans congregate together at ours where as dewsburys are spread out everywhere at batley. Attendance will be around 2k i agree with you bob

That would be the time when many Batley fans went through the Dewsbury gate to see Kevin get dunked :devil:  

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

From a Rams perspective i just see a 'no brainer opportunity' to raise big bucks which could have a real positive effect on our season!!   As a rams fan I am in!!!!  If we can raise over £50k from friendlies which would set us up financially for the season, I would want to help...... wouldn't any true Rams fan??

Last time the relative numbers were counted at MP it turned out that there were more Rams fans than Dogs, despite the claims of your lot, and KN got a soaking for his troubles too.

Lets hope that we do get a good turnout but I fear that it will be well short of 2000.

You were on a good run in the division below us tho whilst we had a real bad season , what was the score in this game tho , do you remember Bsj

IMG_0583.JPG

That would be the time when many Batley fans went through the Dewsbury gate to see Kevin get dunked :devil:  

Of course they did, silly me.

You were on a good run in the division below us tho whilst we had a real bad season , what was the score in this game tho , do you remember Bsj

No I truly don't BB. Whichever side wins at these friendlies is pretty irrelevant. IMO of course.

The more we talk it down the more irrelevant it gets! I'll be there as usual

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

The more we talk it down the more irrelevant it gets! I'll be there as usual

Do you really believe that the combined populations of Batley and Dewsbury take any notice of what is posted on these forums? Our influence might just be slightly less than you think.

May be but I'm pretty sure the negativity on the dewsbury forum has put off more than one who won't be attending?

It wasn't a friendly , it was semi for the grand final and was featured on Rugby League raw

Summer fixture, so not a friendly.

I don't think either chairman would be daft enough to risk a dunking on Boxing Day!

If memory serves me correctly, there was also a barrel of beer as a bonus for the winning team.

Memory clearly faulty, though, as I don't recall who actually won.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Archived