IF YOU HAD TO PICK THE TEAM NOW

graham fisher

13 hours ago, graham fisher said:

With less than 3 weeks to go till our opening game against Rochdale away,if you had to pick your 17 now what would it be.

My 17 would be

Guzdek

Kudangirana

Crookes

Barnes

Potts

Sykes

Kane

Stringer

Ward

Teanby

Walshaw

Hale

Brown

Speakman

Spicer

Tonks

Sheriffe/Adamson

Hard to disagree with most of that team but reckon Toby Adamson should definitely get a start. Tonker  is fun but Toby gives you a lot more minutes. Have noticed already that we are better when speakman is on so I would start with him in the vain hope we don't then give away a 10 or 16 points start to the opposition 

I believe we are just a No 7 away from being a very good team .......  what chance of Finn or young Chris Ackroyd being in our team??

Then;

Guzdek

Crookes

Barnes

Sykes

Potts

Kain

Finn / Ackroyd

Teanby

Ward

Stringer

Walshaw

Hale

Brown

Speakman

Spicer

Tonks / Adamson

Sheriffe / Adamson

Well... just got back from The Fev v Wakey (not so) friendly!!   .... Forget Finn he looked slow and way off the pace, even his, usually reliable, kicking game was poor  .... I really doubt if he will get anywhere near the first team based on todays performance ...... Wakey are going to have a long hard season ... Fev were excellent!!  From what I saw today, the Wakey team that played against us had more flair and imagination! Not sure we are going to get much inspiration from D.R. with them.

3 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Well... just got back from The Fev v Wakey (not so) friendly!!   .... Forget Finn he looked slow and way off the pace, even his, usually reliable, kicking game was poor  .... I really doubt if he will get anywhere near the first team based on todays performance ...... Wakey are going to have a long hard season ... Fev were excellent!!  From what I saw today, the Wakey team that played against us had more flair and imagination! Not sure we are going to get much inspiration from D.R. with them.

How did young Ackroyd go? I really rated him other week.

55 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

How did young Ackroyd go? I really rated him other week.

So did I .... he came on midway through the second half ... made a few good touches .. then I think he was injured!!   

he is quick ... good with ball in hand ... sees good pass .. and has a good kicking game ... I would like to see him at our place, playing Kain at 6 ( his best position by a mile) .... probably not  GMs type cos he can't play hooker!! 

Still I would really like to see him in our squad!

Archived