Attendances

town4me

11 hours ago, DavidM said:

Is it an old chestnut that lower prices means higher crowds ? I don't know 

I suppose until it is tried we'll never know the answer to that one David.

To get the same income from last week's attendance if the entrance fee was £10 instead of £15 ( not taking into account concessions or grandstand price) there would need to be an attendance of 763. Which on the face of it would seem achievable if the word was spread far and wide. But it's a gamble that maybe the club can't afford.

I'd say the safest gamble would be in the derby as it would be the easiest to market and have the biggest potential audience.

I'd love to know the answer as by maximising the crowd could be vital to the club to make that leap like we had in the early 90's and get the ball rolling.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I was expecting an average of around 500 to be honest ,If you looked around last year and took the away support off the gates we would probably have around 500 Townies at each match . I don t think many have stayed away this year its just lack of away fans .....last week on saturday night was the first comets meeting which drew a good crowd , it was also mothers day , both would affect the gate , this week we kick off 1430 on saturday , Reds are at home , and speedway is on afterwards , will be interested to see the gate this week ......i think we should take a long hard look at playing friday night , it might not be possible against the long travellers but wouldn t mind moving a few fixtures with the northern sides to see if it makes a difference . 

On 3/27/2017 at 7:38 PM, town4me said:

Paper gives yesterdays attendance as 509.  It was worse up the road who had 375! You have to give credit to the people running these club's on these crowd's.  Ok yesterdays two visiting clubs aren't  top opposition  but is worrying to see crowds like this. Just how do the clubs improve them?

I thought it didn't look much different from the first game and was a bit surprised when I saw the attendance, fortunately we have budgeted for less than 500 but I doubt our neighbors budgeted for less than 400 ! It's a problem throughout the game, crowds in the championship have been poor and I have just watched tonight's SL game which was watched by a sparse looking crowd. Don't expect the RL to come up with any answers on dwindling crowds, they are a complete joke and won't be satisfied until they have killed the game.

I can't see us getting anywhere near 500 on Sunday for several obvious reasons, I would be happy with 400 but I doubt the BOD would. I would imagine that only the Grandstand and enclosure will be open on Saturday.

59 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

I thought it didn't look much different from the first game and was a bit surprised when I saw the attendance, fortunately we have budgeted for less than 500 but I doubt our neighbors budgeted for less than 400 ! It's a problem throughout the game, crowds in the championship have been poor and I have just watched tonight's SL game which was watched by a sparse looking crowd. Don't expect the RL to come up with any answers on dwindling crowds, they are a complete joke and won't be satisfied until they have killed the game.

I can't see us getting anywhere near 500 on Sunday for several obvious reasons, I would be happy with 400 but I doubt the BOD would. I would imagine that only the Grandstand and enclosure will be open on Saturday.

Wont be that big a crowd on Sunday matey, in fact it will be much worse than last Sunday, game on Saturday this week though..so that may not be to bad......

10 hours ago, thetimberman said:

Wont be that big a crowd on Sunday matey, in fact it will be much worse than last Sunday, game on Saturday this week though..so that may not be to bad......

I meant Saturday Taj ;) 

Archived