SW Ironmen vs Toronto (for Wolfpack fans only)

ojx

Time for a new match thread. I'm heading to the Brazenhead for a boozy lunch and to watch the game.

Having a Welsh heritage, I definitely have mixed feelings about this one. Hopefully the Wolfpack can play the lower half of their squad and keep the score reasonable. I've never been in a position of wanting a team I support to win, but not by too much. The Ironmen have been rumoured to be in financial trouble or primed for relocation. Hopefully, these are just rumours, especially if the relocation is out of South Wales altogether.

That said, can't wait to see the boys back in action. The RFL is to blame for placing the Wolfpack in this division, but it was understandable considering how they have been burned by expansion in the past. In today's wolfiin' around podcast, Perez confidently said that the Wolfpack will be in SL within two years. Wishful thinking?

13 minutes ago, ojx said:

Time for a new match thread. I'm heading to the Brazenhead for a boozy lunch and to watch the game.

Having a Welsh heritage, I definitely have mixed feelings about this one. Hopefully the Wolfpack can play the lower half of their squad and keep the score reasonable. I've never been in a position of wanting a team I support to win, but not by too much. The Ironmen have been rumoured to be in financial trouble or primed for relocation. Hopefully, these are just rumours, especially if the relocation is out of South Wales altogether.

That said, can't wait to see the boys back in action. The RFL is to blame for placing the Wolfpack in this division, but it was understandable considering how they have been burned by expansion in the past. In today's wolfiin' around podcast, Perez confidently said that the Wolfpack will be in SL within two years. Wishful thinking?

I can't believe that guy wanted a new thread here...WOW!

Fair enough, if it keeps out some of the negativity from certain posters.

Ironmen seem to have been losing players over the last couple of weeks so it could be a train wreck. Things should be better when the Super 8s start.

15 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

If the Wolfpack are ruthless from the first whistle I can see them getting near three figures come the final hooter.

Let's hope it doesn't pan out this way. I would love to see some more of the squad players involved.

With the constant movement and rebranding it is making it really difficult for RL to be successful in South Wales.

27 minutes ago, ojx said:

Let's hope it doesn't pan out this way. I would love to see some more of the squad players involved.

With the constant movement and rebranding it is making it really difficult for RL to be successful in South Wales.

We've got alot of injuries...rest them.

We've got some young talent...play them.

The rest is...how will  they say it...history.

6 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Hey K man, are you aware there's an Americas Cup tournament later in the year involving Canada, USA and Jamaica with at least one match, possibly two, at Lamport?

Can't wait for this. Apparently the Canada vs USA game will be before one of the Wolfpack games in September.

The big thing about that are the games in Jamaica being played for the first time, loving that!  Jamaica don't get anywhere near the recognition they deserve for work they do with what little they have.

15 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

The big thing about that are the games in Jamaica being played for the first time, loving that!  Jamaica don't get anywhere near the recognition they deserve for work they do with what little they have.

Is that definite Cana? All three teams are getting one home game?

rldfsignature.jpg

9 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Hey K man, are you aware there's an Americas Cup tournament later in the year involving Canada, USA and Jamaica with at least one match, possibly two, at Lamport?

2 hours ago, ojx said:

Can't wait for this. Apparently the Canada vs USA game will be before one of the Wolfpack games in September.

54 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

I believe so.  Jamaica are playing the US and Canada on consecutive weekends in Kingston, then one Canada US game in Toronto, one in Philly.  

Great news...GREAT NEWS!

Really good idea in having it before the Wolfpack game for those of us who are traveling a long way.  Rugby League all day...NIRVANA!

Also there are a huge number of Jamaicans and people from the Caribbean in Toronto...got to get them out for this one...a whole new untapped fan base.  Will the Jamaican game also be before the Wolfpack game?  I think this is important; on both ends!  Can you imagine when pot becomes legalized next year having the Jamaicans as a large part of the audience...now THAT will be a true culture shock for the visiting English fans!!!!  WOW!

We are going to do it boys...we're going to sell that place OUT! 

55 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

I believe so.  Jamaica are playing the US and Canada on consecutive weekends in Kingston, then one Canada US game in Toronto, one in Philly.  

I thought the idea was one home game and one away game each? Are the Jamaicans getting two home games? 

rldfsignature.jpg

Canada hasn't posted anything yet but it looks like I was mistaken, the USA Hawks schedule has Jamaica in Jacksonville and against Canada at Lamport.  I'm reliably informed Canada will be in Kingston Jamaica for their match though.

49 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Canada hasn't posted anything yet but it looks like I was mistaken, the USA Hawks schedule has Jamaica in Jacksonville and against Canada at Lamport.  I'm reliably informed Canada will be in Kingston Jamaica for their match though.

Yes, that's what I thought was happening.

rldfsignature.jpg

Back on thread. It looks like the broadcast on Premier Sports is on a two hour delay rather than live. The match kicks off at 5pm GMT but the broadcast isn't until 7pm GMT. It's GAA on at 5pm. Plus it's Scotland v England FIFA WC qualifier at the same time.

rldfsignature.jpg

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Back on thread. It looks like the broadcast on Premier Sports is on a two hour delay rather than live. The match kicks off at 5pm GMT but the broadcast isn't until 7pm GMT. It's GAA on at 5pm. Plus it's Scotland v England FIFA WC qualifier at the same time.

CBC stream seems to start at 4:45pm ET.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/rugby/toronto-wolfpack-live-stream-1.4149584

The game should be kicking off at 12:00 ET.

8 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I'm sure the kick off is 12am your time ojx but it looks like there's a live Gaelic football match on Premier Sports so they are showing the Ironmen v Wolfpack on a two hour delay here in the UK.

Thanks, I'll just be heading to the Brazenhead for lunch, I'm sure they will have it figured out. 

Cheers.

Archived