ROUND 21 Match Thread - plus the Great Slider Debate and Ice Cream Furore - plus a rant

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharks are doing the bare minimum. The Warriors have some good go forward but the errors are killing them. I thought they were unlucky with the Luke no-try decision.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Nice catch by Fusitua... I'm sure it pleased his coach.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Warriors score a nice try. Sharks too complacent once again.

Thomson with the 4-pointer.

* Subject to change

Brown out cold... and stretchered out. Plenty of concerns with his neck.

He's moving. So far, so good.

21 minutes to go.

* Subject to change

Through the hands, to the left and Feki scores in the corner.

* Subject to change

Holmes converts from the sideline.

20-12 to the Sharks.

* Subject to change

Bukuya over.

Conversion over.

Game over.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bukuya breaks off a tackle following some nice interchange of passes by the props at the line and scores his 3rd try of the season.

Holmes converts 26-12 Sharks with 8 to go.

* Subject to change

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

Just rejoined the game.

Getting ready for family wedding.

Likely to miss most of next game.

Your whole family's getting married? What are you, devout Mormon fundamentalists?

I've been reading a bit lately about "regression to the mean," particularly in relation to genetics and IQ. The Warriors represent this concept so well. No matter which players they sign, or which coach they hire or which venue they play at or the weather conditions, they always regress to their predictable worst. Every good win or winning run is immediately, inevitably followed by regression to the mean.

Archived