RBS

One issue can be isolated, two is a problem, three becomes suspicious, we're now into the realms of corporate corruption in every aspect of the business.

If this, and the other things RBS (other deceitful, immoral and corrupt banks are available) had done had been a couple of people conspiring to defraud benefits then it'd be treated far more seriously and people would be going to jail.  Because it's a bank, it's probably going to get no more than this PR person's apology and hope it all goes away, yet again.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The days of the bank manager, along with the local solicitor, accountant, local newspaper editor (all Rotarians) being respected members of society are long gone.  Capt. Mainwaring is as obsolete as sedan chairs or antimacassars. 

I was a director of a company from 1996 to 2009.  In that time, 13 years, we had 10 different bank managers.  What they wanted basically was to sell us the bank's products.  In fact far from being like Capt. Mainwaring, they were more like Pte. Walker.  The bank (I won't name them) f***ked up badly on a foreign payment.  It was sorted out, but we never got an apology.  We switched, funnily  enough to RBS shortly before I left.  Whether they proved any better I couldn't say.  But I reckon,  should it ever come to it, I wouldn't be looking to the bank manager to lead me in a modern day Home Guard.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

3 hours ago, ckn said:

One issue can be isolated, two is a problem, three becomes suspicious, we're now into the realms of corporate corruption in every aspect of the business.

If this, and the other things RBS (other deceitful, immoral and corrupt banks are available) had done had been a couple of people conspiring to defraud benefits then it'd be treated far more seriously and people would be going to jail.  Because it's a bank, it's probably going to get no more than this PR person's apology and hope it all goes away, yet again.

I'm stunned by that story.  Banks have become more and more sterile and unfriendly places to be (which is why I joined Nationwide - it's a lovely bank even though it's not a fully fledged bank really).  They have also caused untold misery to so many people and companies by their irresponsible practices in recent times and it has become apparent that RBS were probably the worst of these given all the reports of aggressive behaviour towards businesses during the crash.  However, even taking all that into consideration, this report is shocking.  It is surely a criminal offence to forge someone's signature?  I agree that a proper investigation into RBS in this respect (in the first instance) is required, preferably a criminal investigation because it is looking more and more likely that they are a totally corrupt outfit.

Archived