Jack's is Back! Well to Canada at least

Krzzystuff

4 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

http://theprovince.com/sports/rugby/rugby-leaguer-rhys-jacks-getting-canada-rugby-sevens-look

Wish this man all the best, still gutted he's not in the team. Out of all the departures this is the one that still hurts most fans i believe.

They should have changed the import rule by now....if a person is a Canadian they should be exempt since it is a British/French/Canadian League now....need to update their regulations...really slow off the mark on this.

Everyone wants us to develop Canadian talent yet they still restrict us with an import quota...like telling a kid you want him to eat and grow and then you restrict his diet by cutting down the calories to a minimum....2 steps froward, one step back.

38 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

They should have changed the import rule by now....if a person is a Canadian they should be exempt since it is a British/French/Canadian League now....need to update their regulations...really slow off the mark on this.

Everyone wants us to develop Canadian talent yet they still restrict us with an import quota...like telling a kid you want him to eat and grow and then you restrict his diet by cutting down the calories to a minimum....2 steps froward, one step back.

The question is what passport does Jacks travel on? Does he have an Australian one or a Canadian one? 

rldfsignature.jpg

18 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

The question is what passport does Jacks travel on? Does he have an Australian one or a Canadian one? 

He is NOT a Canadian citizen, and that is the problem. He is Canadian-ish based on his ancestry. The rules for international competition seem to be looser, allowing him to play for Canada. I think one should need citizenship to represent a country, so much as I like Jacks and hated to see him leave the WP, I think the RFL has it correct in counting him as an import and not a Canadian.

One of the ladies (or gents!) in the crowd at Lamport ought to marry him to help him get Canadian citizenship a bit down the road...

37 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

He is NOT a Canadian citizen, and that is the problem. He is Canadian-ish based on his ancestry. The rules for international competition seem to be looser, allowing him to play for Canada. I think one should need citizenship to represent a country, so much as I like Jacks and hated to see him leave the WP, I think the RFL has it correct in counting him as an import and not a Canadian.

One of the ladies (or gents!) in the crowd at Lamport ought to marry him to help him get Canadian citizenship a bit down the road...

Don't look at me!

gawd i'd think one of my daughters would have gone for it if they hadn't already  done the deed...here he is with me and my grandson at the home opener 2017. I agree he is the one i would most like to have seen retained on the squad. super guy - wish him well

Ox 2 Rhys Gav.jpg

Archived