TWP in the Challenge Cup

mrfranco

Will the Wolfpack ever be allowed to play Challenge Cup games at home? In their first season, I think I recall Eric Perez saying something like "not for now". Is there a formal deal about this? How long for? Is it something they have to agree again every year (i.e. could they play home games in the Cup next year, perhaps?)  Anybody got any info on this?

Hopefully, if there are ever three or four North American teams, they could play in an American championship instead of the Challenge Cup.

Similar to the Voyageurs cup for the Canadian MLS teams.

3 minutes ago, ojx said:

Hopefully, if there are ever three or four North American teams, they could play in an American championship instead of the Challenge Cup.

Similar to the Voyageurs cup for the Canadian MLS teams.

Quite a nice idea!

League 1 teams* come in at the 3rd round stage, end of Feb or thereabouts...

so from that round onwards it's about 1 game a month. If they regularised the schedule a bit - say make the cup weekend the last weekend of the month every month from Feb to August - and held the draw quickly after each round, then that would give a full month's notice of each new set of games - surely plenty of time to organise a trip across the Atlantic for any team??!!

This would also have the benefit of a bit of momentum for the Cup, as everyone would know exactly when it is - every month it's the last weekend of the month!

*thinking of other future N American teams, not TWP!!

I'd love to see challenge cup games in Canada, the main problem as I see it is the logistics for the smaller teams in the cup. The super league teams should be able to cope but many of the lower teams would struggle if their players can't get time off work at short notice. Perhaps a start would be to say there's a possibility Toronto could be drawn at home for a semi final or even a quarter final.

Archived