Town training

troutmaster

Well,A lovely sunny evening for the boys of Workington town.All the lads were looking very chirpy has they went out onto the pitch tonight,a good attendence with the travelling boys and the 2 boys from Leigh.Leon settled the boys down and got them going with ball in hand  which they all seemed to enjoy,it was good to see penky back training with the boys,and when he came out of the tunnel the boys were happy to see him.I liked the bit when he just raised his arms and said"The boy is back"and the lads loved it,very popular guy is penky,When Leon had them in a ring he had them in 2 teams and had both teams going through the same moves,it took a bit to grasp what he wanted them to do but,after 5 minutes all was going well.I will tell you, Leon he has no messing around,whistle in mouth 1 blast you could hear a pin drop,thats good management with no problem.To finish,the young winger Baily from Leigh looks the part,the 2nd rower bilborough is a tough kid, but,when you try to tackle moi moi you should just move out of the way haha,foster also had a good session on the field,no forrester but maybe at work,probably same has tansey and leatherbarrow but they will be up Saturday.Well thats all for tonight lads&lasses,for those going to Coventry,safe journey and bring them points back to town.pride of Cumbria..

I always looked forward to these updates Trouty and it is great to see them back.Great news about Penky and hopefully his return will see Jamie Doran get a bit more space to work his magic as I feel teams have targeted him recently as our may play maker,and that pack is going to be awesome if we can keep them all fit and spell them correctly,Wilkes,Dawson,Curwen,Scholey,Ryan and Moi Moi should Instill fear in any team we play.

43 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

I would love to see Larne patrick join us for the remainder of this season,I would put him at 13 where he would help us with that problem..?

100% agree. His defence is one of the best I’ve seen, and runs it in really hard. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

3 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

The way Caine Barnes has been going this season I wouldnt say we have a problem at 13!

Nice to have both though as there top draw

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived