New Structure

Blind side johnny

1 hour ago, Robthegasman said:

From what I have seen on the Swinton Lions Facebook page is that should we stay up this season that we will face a reduction in central distribution funding of about £40K in 2019 and further cuts in 2020.I will assume that this will also apply to yourselves and the doggies as well which frankly is an absolute kick in the balls and the teeth for us all.

Or to translate it into English they the new”governing” body or should I say the Limited company and their individual directors will want it all when the next TV contract is up for renewal and they are by the looks of it are running the Championship and Championship 1 clubs down until some of them die which I am afraid will happen.And it baffles me that certain Championship and Championship 1 clubs voted for this and let me say all credit to Dewsbury and Batley for joining with us in voting against it.

I think this is going to be very much a case of we will all need to batten down the hatches and we will all have to think differently and outside the box if clubs like ours are going to survive and have a future.There is now a much bigger battle that we must all face together.The divisions in which our respective teams are in will soon be irrelevant.

Then we all need to get off or backsides and stop feeling sorry for ourselves and find our own creative solution!!  ....  Its clear Superleague want all the TV cash ......  We in the Championship and C1 need to find a new way of generating our own income .... be that by our ownTV deal or some other creative means ... it needs some radical thinking but it is possible ...  there are some amazing marketing minds out there .... we just have to find one!!

3 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

.The divisions in which our respective teams are in will soon be irrelevant.

We already are irrelevant to the SL crowd.  Watched RL Chat a few weeks ago and it was obvious when they were discussing the proposals that Hetherington didn't even know what effect the proposed changes would have on the Championship at all!

3 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

From what I have seen on the Swinton Lions Facebook page is that should we stay up this season that we will face a reduction in central distribution funding of about £40K in 2019 and further cuts in 2020.I will assume that this will also apply to yourselves and the doggies as well which frankly is an absolute kick in the balls and the teeth for us all.

Or to translate it into English they the new”governing” body or should I say the Limited company and their individual directors will want it all when the next TV contract is up for renewal and they are by the looks of it are running the Championship and Championship 1 clubs down until some of them die which I am afraid will happen.And it baffles me that certain Championship and Championship 1 clubs voted for this and let me say all credit to Dewsbury and Batley for joining with us in voting against it.

I think this is going to be very much a case of we will all need to batten down the hatches and we will all have to think differently and outside the box if clubs like ours are going to survive and have a future.There is now a much bigger battle that we must all face together.The divisions in which our respective teams are in will soon be irrelevant.

I've posted this elsewhere and the reduction may not be as bad as it first looks and is more than likely just an inevitably of expanding to 14.

Thinking a bit more about Swinton's reduced funding, it may not be quite as bad as it first appears: they'll effectively finish one 'funding place' lower than last season which could account for around £25k of the reduction. Even so, it's around 10% down on what they might have expected. And, 10% across the board gives enough (approx £290k) to fund the 2 extra clubs in the Champ at about the same level as the 11th pl club are likely to get (approx £135k).

8 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Then we all need to get off or backsides and stop feeling sorry for ourselves and find our own creative solution!!  ....  Its clear Superleague want all the TV cash ......  We in the Championship and C1 need to find a new way of generating our own income .... be that by our ownTV deal or some other creative means ... it needs some radical thinking but it is possible ...  there are some amazing marketing minds out there .... we just have to find one!!

I totally agree with you.And in my opinion we all collectively because I very firmly believe we ALL need to be one on this need to be smart and I think a bit of thinking outside the box will be needed as well and maybe we also need to be a little bit unorthodox.

We cannot cry about yesterday,yesterday’s gone we have to embrace change in order to survive and prosper and if we all have the will and desire we will not just survive but we will prosper.And maybe clubs like Swinton and Dewsbury will one day be vying for top spot in a future new division.

keV N suggested at his pre-match speech last week that the West Yorkshire clubs (us, Rams, Bradford, York,fev,Halifax,Keighley  n hunslet )are intending to form an alliance with regards marketing, he said all the chairmen get along pretty well and they are hoping to work together to promote the championship for the West Yorkshire clubs. 

Archived