Are We Really

10 hours ago, milpool said:

I’d love to respond but I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

It seems to be frowned upon in the RL world to enjoy watching sport. In sport there are winners and losers. I am sick to death of being criticised for enjoying watching games like this by pretentious a holes.

This is nothing like a car crash, and is a distasteful analogy, it is sport, if some people lose their job because they weren't very good at it, I won't lose sleep over it, as nobody would for me.

Nobody should apologise for enjoying watching the MPG. I'm ok with the game deciding it is not the best model for itself, but that do3snt mean the sport ain't enjoyable.

If seeing people in anguish, distress, pain isn't for you, I suggest other hobbies outside of sport. Seeing grown men cry like babies has been part of sport forever.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

It seems to be frowned upon in the RL world to enjoy watching sport. In sport there are winners and losers. I am sick to death of being criticised for enjoying watching games like this by pretentious a holes.

This is nothing like a car crash, and is a distasteful analogy, it is sport, if some people lose their job because they weren't very good at it, I won't lose sleep over it, as nobody would for me.

Nobody should apologise for enjoying watching the MPG. I'm ok with the game deciding it is not the best model for itself, but that do3snt mean the sport ain't enjoyable.

If seeing people in anguish, distress, pain isn't for you, I suggest other hobbies outside of sport. Seeing grown men cry like babies has been part of sport forever.

Well said that man.

It's stuff like this that is creating a snowflake generation. Nobody is allowed to feel anything anymore to "protect them". I'm fed up of the bloody bubblewrapping of everyone.

Not everyone can be a sporting purist. Not everyone understands all of the fine technical, tactical and psychological points of the game. They enjoy the emotion though and that's why they come and sing and feel part of it. There are highs and lows. Get over it.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

The difference is that the MPG is correctly at the home of the highest placed team, and traditionally the playoff final is on neutral ground.

my fear is that we will revert to a neutral ground which will be effectively home game for heartland teams. Toronto or Toulouse will have no chance even if they finish top

2 hours ago, Lobbygobbler said:

The difference is that the MPG is correctly at the home of the highest placed team, and traditionally the playoff final is on neutral ground.

my fear is that we will revert to a neutral ground which will be effectively home game for heartland teams. Toronto or Toulouse will have no chance even if they finish top

9,000 Canadian fans in Toronto. Did London have no chance?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

9,000 Canadian fans in Toronto. Did London have no chance?

It wasnt really a parochial “home” crowd. If Toronto come top but have to play say Widnes at St Helens/Wire, how will that be neutral?

The neutral ground should be in the home country of the top placed team

Archived