Boxing Day

EQUALIZER

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

This is a post Kev Nicholas wants me to put on here , see you all Boxing Day 

In my eyes Boxing Day games are special as they usually are a decent crowd of local people getting together to enjoy great Christmas atmosphere and watch a game of rugby league. We play for the Roy Powell trophy and this year it is  exactly 20 years since his passing which makes it extra special to me. To suggest this is just a friendly where players and coaches treat it as a training session could not be further from the mark.For those that attend and hopefully are entertained I hope they feel that the players and everybody who is working at the stadium on a public holiday have done their bit to enhance their Christmas break and feel they have not been ripped off by the Clubs.

I have looked around at Christmas and I cannot see much of value that you can get in a shop for £20 or on line for £18 but I am sure there are bargains to be had if I looked closer. I appreciate that some people think we could have charged less but surely not that much less? Maybe a few pounds? Not even the cost of one pint? Or one coffee at Starbucks/ Costa etc?

On behalf of both Clubs who share the gate and have agreed the prices could I just ask you to help us keep going by coming to the game as the receipts are vital to maintain Rugby League in the proud RL area of the Heavy Woollen. This is an important fundraiser for BOTH Clubs.The friendlies that follow in the Yorkshire Cup are reduced admission at £15 or £13 on line for adults and in all these games children are FREE.

Ask just one question- do you want two professional rugby league teams in the Heavy Woollen? Or is the answer, not really if it is £18 in on Boxing Day? I think most people don’t think like that and even if they only come to games once or twice a year   they come on Boxing Day as a tradition and don’t begrudge paying. I hope I am right or the future is uncertain to say the least.

Happy Christmas and hope to see you on Boxing Day!

Nice post but would like to make two points;

Firstly it isn't £18 or £20 for me.  There are three of us at least so its nearly £60..This links to my next point.  Kev can say what he wants but we all know its a training run out.  This is evidenced by the fact that when it gets to 60 mins we will have no idea who's on the field of play but will know its none of the 13 that started..

Thanks for clarity on the prices and I appreciate that kids are now free but it would be far better to advertise that fact rather than let people like myself assume I will have to pay £13, which as far as the advert suggests is the lowest ticket price. 

ATEOTD there's an audience for these games outside of the HW and often this is my only way of finding out the cost and KO times.

I'll bring my young 'uns based on these prices.

3 hours ago, Ackroman said:

Thanks for clarity on the prices and I appreciate that kids are now free but it would be far better to advertise that fact rather than let people like myself assume I will have to pay £13, which as far as the advert suggests is the lowest ticket price. 

ATEOTD there's an audience for these games outside of the HW and often this is my only way of finding out the cost and KO times.

I'll bring my young 'uns based on these prices.

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived