Pre-season friendlies

krakauer

guess that's why you play friendlies but hope Matty is ok

radio got itself together thankfully but anxiously awaiting word on the regular season away TV setup....

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Ahh its just pre season....I think 3-5 k is a good turnout for preseason.

Have the wife logging into the radio feed now....on another note -50 C in Timmins!

You and PoorHousePete were closer than I.  The lead article here (as of now) calls it at 1954.   Moi thinks that is pretty p-poor for a testimonial match for a 10+ year player.

19 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

You and PoorHousePete were closer than I.  The lead article here (as of now) calls it at 1954.   Moi thinks that is pretty p-poor for a testimonial match for a 10+ year player.

2000 is not bad for a pre season.   Your point on the testimonial is well taken.  Nice play on words there for Poorhouse Pete...take it easy on him, poor fellow is in the poorhouse!......

makes you wonder what kind of crowd we'd get over here for a friendly..let's say WP played a covered stadium like BCP or Rogers Centre and it could be configured ie sections closed off would we get enough to make it worthwhile? I'd say it would...

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

makes you wonder what kind of crowd we'd get over here for a friendly..let's say WP played a covered stadium like BCP or Rogers Centre and it could be configured ie sections closed off would we get enough to make it worthwhile? I'd say it would...

I don't know Robert...calling for -32 C windchill up here tonight...sounds like 'nothing going on' weather.

13 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Agreed. Disappointing turn out. I expect to see TWP in the Superleague next year. 

Bulls next up. former Packmember Crossley as skipper..and we will have to watch DFJ he scored a hat trick against us when we played YCK here at Lamport  he is darn quick.

33 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Bulls next up. former Packmember Crossley as skipper..and we will have to watch DFJ he scored a hat trick against us when we played YCK here at Lamport  he is darn quick.

Plus they just won the Cup  so they will be flying high at Odsal.  We will be ready.

58 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Sure you'll give bradford reserves a good beating on Saturday. Plus we've never scored a point against you the defence be back.

Don't try to lull us into a false sense of confidence...we aren't buying it.  We are on to your ways.

Nice try though.

Archived