Where he left off....

phildog

Watching those highlights puts Jouffret back under the spotlight, scores 1 makes at least 2, his delayed passes are just tremendous, Leaky did the same for Brown's try. Louis covered every blade of grass to get into probing positions, looking for a great season from him, if so he'll fire everybody. Not had as good a 6 since Michael Booth.

6 hours ago, phildog said:

Watching those highlights puts Jouffret back under the spotlight, scores 1 makes at least 2, his delayed passes are just tremendous, Leaky did the same for Brown's try. Louis covered every blade of grass to get into probing positions, looking for a great season from him, if so he'll fire everybody. Not had as good a 6 since Michael Booth.

Wow that’s a big statement as i’d say Lawford and Tomlinson of the 2002 season were the best half backs at the clubs since booth and Tomlinson first stint 

Tiger, black or little "prosecco" Gareth?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

57 minutes ago, Eric Bristow said:

Michael Booth was a fantastic player who is quite rightfully a club legend.

ah yes.

i think the pieman would concur with that......for those of you who remember that night in the Barfield Arms......

??

but in all seriousness,i used to enjoy watching Simon Wilson and John Stainburn during the 'Paul Daley' era.

unquestionably not the finest halfbacks to ever play for Batley,but 2 homegrown lads who gave their all for the club.

great memories.

but the best has to be Tomlinson/Lawford or Booth. 

with a mention in dispatches for Richard Price,Paul Handforth,Ben Black and Barry Eaton.

and Scott Wheelbarrow ?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Archived