World Cup venues to be announced next Tuesday...

On 1/26/2019 at 2:00 PM, Mr Frisky said:

Every corner covered..... yet not a single match within 2 hours drive of Whitehaven or Workington. Hope Towns new Stadium will at least give the area 1 game especially after the 2013 WC and the 4 nations epic.

I travelled 3+hours to watch the NZ game at the KCOM, if you're bothered to go then you'll go. According to google maps it's about 2hrs 18 from Workington to Manchester. It is what it is if Cumbria doesn't get a game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I travelled 3+hours to watch the NZ game at the KCOM, if you're bothered to go then you'll go. According to google maps it's about 2hrs 18 from Workington to Manchester. It is what it is if Cumbria doesn't get a game.

Just pointing out that the far north west wasn't covered in the previous post marra. I do think Cumbria will get a game and I've no problem travelling to games- in the 2013 WC I went to games at Cardiff, London,  Hull & Workington so covered a fair bit of ground myself - Just trying to say West Cumbria was buzzing for those big games so more of the same please.

Archived