Which clubs would bounce back from relegation? And which wouldn't?

18 hours ago, Eddie said:

Do Huddersfield Town own the ground, or the council? When there’s a Sky game there (or at Salford) I often can barely be arsed to watch because it looks so bad with all the empty seats. Cas and Wakey get stick for their old grounds but I’d rather see that, on tv at least. 

40% Kirklees Council

40% HTAFC

20% Giants

Stadium run by Kirklees Stadium Development Company.

If you want to see the stadium without the empty seats you'll have to watch a HTAFC game on telly.

Despite relegation they've managed to sell all their season ticket quota of 18,000. 

22 hours ago, Oxford said:

That just about sums it all up, Paul. I'm sure they'll sign some good players but those you mentioned do make the difference in quality or at least they did before their minds went elsewhere.

And next year we can all look forward to a clear difference between the top and bttom halves of SL like we were previously used to.

Good old Oxford, always laughin' an' smilin'.

Yes, Salford will lose Lui and Hastings. And then they'll get relegated. And then they'll go bust. And then an earthquake will open up a huge fissure that swallows the AJ Bell. And then there'll be a fire at RL headquarters and all documents pertaining to Salford - and only those pertaining to Salford - will be lost forever. And then it'll be discovered that the housing estate that stands on the site of The Willows and with streets named after former Salford players is actually built on a plague pit, and everyone there dies and the estate has to be demolished. And then a meteorite will crash into the city of Salford and destroy it. And then we'll all be soothed by the blessed balm of death.

On that day - that glorious, glorious day - you'll be able to tell us that you're not just some bloke who suffers from Chicken Licken Pox, but you are, in fact, the Nostradamus of Salford's demise.

Until then, enjoy the summer. Enjoy watching the team. Tell yourself that the club isn't just sitting there with its collective finger up its ###### (because it isn't) and try to stop talking down the club you claim to support.

Now, I know you often like to finish on a song - you really are the forum's Morecambe & Wise - so here's one for you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

On 07/07/2019 at 21:18, Eddie said:

Do Huddersfield Town own the ground, or the council? When there’s a Sky game there (or at Salford) I often can barely be arsed to watch because it looks so bad with all the empty seats. Cas and Wakey get stick for their old grounds but I’d rather see that, on tv at least. 

40% KSDL

40% HTAFC

20% HGRLFC

We actually get bigger crowds than Wakefield but because we have more empty spaces people seem to think the crowds are lower , our crowds aren't the worse in SL and haven't been for 15 years but people judge our attendances on empty seats rather than actual figures, there's not a lot we can do about 19,000 unused seats unfortunately.

Plus we don't get fined for our fans' bad behaviour ?

33 minutes ago, meast said:

40% KSDL

40% HTAFC

20% HGRLFC

We actually get bigger crowds than Wakefield but because we have more empty spaces people seem to think the crowds are lower , our crowds aren't the worse in SL and haven't been for 15 years but people judge our attendances on empty seats rather than actual figures, there's not a lot we can do about 19,000 unused seats unfortunately.

Plus we don't get fined for our fans' bad behaviour ?

Is there much interest around the town, or do the club market there much? I’d give my right arm for a super league club on my doorstep, or even a league one club. 

On 10/07/2019 at 17:46, Eddie said:

Is there much interest around the town, or do the club market there much? I’d give my right arm for a super league club on my doorstep, or even a league one club. 

Probably a bit of both to be honest, there wasn't that much interest the football team until they got a sniff of premier league football, sadly super league rugby doesn't have the same pull for the town's casual sports fans.

Archived