Football interviews are doubly pointless and dumbed down ... but got to remember they’re hardly talking to  top academics most of the time . I’ve always thought shoving a mic in a player’s face right after a game when they’re knackered and can’t really be bothered isn’t conducive to top insight 

13 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Football interviews are doubly pointless and dumbed down ... but got to remember they’re hardly talking to  top academics most of the time . I’ve always thought shoving a mic in a player’s face right after a game when they’re knackered and can’t really be bothered isn’t conducive to top insight 

Agree. Best you are going to get is a mumble about how chuffed / stoked (depending on UK or Aussie/NZ player) and a vague description of the chosen charity. Worst case you will get Daryl Powell or Brian McDermott growling at the interviewer and everyone feeling awkward.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

So we now know, she is going in to teaching. I presume media studies at an academic level, she is, apart from front of camera, a producer and director with a lot of experience.

Good luck in the new career.

Footnote. She is nowhere near as bad as some of the posters on here make out.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 11/07/2019 at 21:37, philipw said:

Wow these post-match interviews are terrible. I hate to suggest it but is there a health reason for her standing down (I think this may have been mentioned before)?

Said tonight that she was going into teaching.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

I read most of these posts and cringe. 

I think in the 1st instance people are very quick to forget that in those bygone years that were the 20th century Sky sports where not exactly bursting at the seems with female presenters of male televised sport, yes it's common place now. Just give a little credit for that acorn that was planted. 

Secondly, yep she gets to do the post match interview. But again let's take stock of the situation both she and the players and coaches are placed in. Unlike our "treat like Gods at all costs"  from soccer, softball, pussball etc the hooter blows. If its Angela doing the interview she has to dash on get the man of the match and interview the fellow 2 minutes after the hooter. Anyone who as played this game will know that a full conversion is not on the cards. Then the line up is there to be questioned one by one, neither coach as really had time to digest the game.

Now John Wells interviews the players after they have showered, and dressed, and warmed down etc. John as had time to get his videos together. So the interview is always better. 

When you watch soccer players go to the dressing rooms and you might if your lucky get a interview with a winning team member before he changes. 

Can you imagine someone putting a microphone into the face of "the special one"  as he walks to the tunnel after a 3-2 defeat he blames of the referee. 

It's the format that's wrong, it's the way how one game we get Phil Clarke cry for 45 minutes after the hooter then the next day as soon as the hooter goes its darts from Blackpool. 

Yeah so that's my 2 bobs, I think she as been great for the game. I worry that so many are leaving mid way through this season. That is something that we need to be questioning. 

Archived