Championship and L1 attendances

Eddie

2 hours ago, RugbyLeagueMan said:

Good to see that Swinton get bigger crowds than Sale FC....just need their neighbors Salford to leap over the other Sale club now....

Doncaster aren’t far off either, and if they were in the equivalent division I expect they’d be higher. 

Also interesting to see that adding Birmingham to their name hasn’t done much for Moseley’s support. 

2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

So, what you’re saying is, Football is more popular than Rugby League? I never knew that. 

Quite clearly he is saying there there is significant national media focus on the Scottish third division, whereas the rugby league championship gets none despite being much better supported. I expect it’s also better supported than the Women’s football premier league too, which now gets plenty of column inches. 

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Traditionally there was focus on the Scottish lower leagues due to the Pools, hence them being read out by James Alexander Gordon and being on the Grandstand Vidiprinter. 

Indeed. There was then also the "Other Pools Matches" list which was read out but excluded other matches in the same league/division not on the pools.

Incidentally, Scottish Junior football, routinely outdraws lower level 'senior' football but never gets its results read out. Northern Ireland football outdraws both.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived