Oldham Up

Excolt 1

At least with their new coach (Diskin or Kilshaw?) they should be under no illusions on the step-up to the Championship. Watching today, certainly the pace will be a huge difference, but of course this depends on their recruitment.  Perhaps we will get some of their cast-offs!  Crooky did the business again in another final.  At least the RFL had the correct ribbons for the Presentation!

Good luck to them, at least they do not face Toronto.

We now await positive developments at Hornets.

Thanks. Indeed the task of staying up will be a big one. Our next coach does have a big job on his hands. Remember we did a couple of seasons up here not so long ago. Some of our current team were around then so they'll have an idea of what's coming. I hope the situation at Hornets improves with the fans coming back together to support their club. We need Hornets to prosper, we all need each other to prosper. Good luck in league one, regroup and come back stronger. We may see you in the law cup, I hope. 

7 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Thanks. Indeed the task of staying up will be a big one. Our next coach does have a big job on his hands. Remember we did a couple of seasons up here not so long ago. Some of our current team were around then so they'll have an idea of what's coming. I hope the situation at Hornets improves with the fans coming back together to support their club. We need Hornets to prosper, we all need each other to prosper. Good luck in league one, regroup and come back stronger. We may see you in the law cup, I hope. 

Well done Oldham??

27 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

they'll have an idea of what's coming.

The Championship has gone up not a few notches since your last visit, not least with Toronto’s influence - even Toulouse have had to up their performances. Swinton did well this season having, like Hornets, just survived in 2018. Probably, you will have to compete in lower mini league of the Championship and as always, how much finance you can generate.  Hope you find a good ground - surely Boundary Park rather than Stalybridge?

Unfortunately, we have gone backwards and now have to regroup and hopefully survive when the crunch comes after the next tv deal.

good luck.

Diskin? Wouldn't wish Matt on an u9s outfit

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Good players don't make good coaches. In 3yrs he nearly tore the heart, desire and interest out of our small club

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

9 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Good players don't make good coaches. In 3yrs he nearly tore the heart, desire and interest out of our small club

Quite a damming indictment then. Oh well, nothings been confirmed yet as far as I know so we'll have to wait and see. 

Archived