Sign in to follow this  
Bedfordshire Bronco

One positive of the GB tour is...

On 16/11/2019 at 11:25, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

... Mid season internationals with France and Wales might well be competetive based on those performances

Lets get the international break in! 

ahhhh, the old mid-season test against France, otherwise known as the answer to all of rugby league’s problems....?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

ahhhh, the old mid-season test against France, otherwise known as the answer to all of rugby league’s problems....?

Not an answer but better than just a training session meet up for England

Also- it would mean more to France and Wales to have the regular fixture

We moan that the Aussies can't be bothered playing us any more as they always win. Hypocritical for us to do the same

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

Don't talk nonsense. It's only the answer if combined with good marketing. ?

• Confused 1

Call me cynical but all that ever happens with the mid-season France games is we bung it on a Tuesday night in a 10k stadium and put 30 - 50 points on them.  I don't think it does us or them much good, but yeah ok, have it as a training run out for us.

18 hours ago, Tonka said:

No no.. the answer to all Rugby League's problems is no team ever playing a team worse than them so we don't embarrass ourselves in front of people who aren't even paying attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

No no.. the answer to all Rugby League's problems is no team ever playing a team worse than them so we don't embarrass ourselves in front of people who aren't even paying attention.

Agree it's not the answer to problems but it could potentially help grow international rugby league if a weaker team uses it as an opportunity to learn and grow from the experience - i think it's good to play tests even if there is a bit of a mismatch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, overtheborder said:

Agree it's not the answer to problems but it could potentially help grow international rugby league if a weaker team uses it as an opportunity to learn and grow from the experience - i think it's good to play tests even if there is a bit of a mismatch.

Union regularly plays these Mis match games and is stronger for it. 

France are generally not so far off the pace that it's a totally one sided game that's a 60pt blow out. 

Regular games give them a incentive to improve. 

• Like 2

On 20/11/2019 at 17:25, yipyee said:

Cornwall is similar to Scotland...

both were a different country with a different language.

Both now speak English as their main language, 

Both have a seperate flag

Both are ruled from Westminster

Both have seperation movements 

Both are rubbish at rugby league

Cornish Rebels only team in the South West to win the league 3 seasons in the bounce and 2 where league and cup double seasons. 

Compared to heartlands clubs yeah we probably are rubbish but weve rolled Rugby league out to over 250 schools working in partnership with St Helen's over the last 5 years, so I'd say we are better than Scotland haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CornishRebel said:

Cornish Rebels only team in the South West to win the league 3 seasons in the bounce and 2 where league and cup double seasons. 

Compared to heartlands clubs yeah we probably are rubbish but weve rolled Rugby league out to over 250 schools working in partnership with St Helen's over the last 5 years, so I'd say we are better than Scotland haha

I don't want to get into the emotive, ''we are better than you'' stuff but congratulations to you for the efforts you've made down there. How many of those schools still play the game? What did you mean, when you said ''rolled out''? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

I don't want to get into the emotive, ''we are better than you'' stuff but congratulations to you for the efforts you've made down there. How many of those schools still play the game? What did you mean, when you said ''rolled out''? 

Scroll down to the bottom, not something I was aware of and certainly sounds positive.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/347204-silly-season-name-your-expansion-town-why/page/2/#comments

18 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Scroll down to the bottom, not something I was aware of and certainly sounds positive.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/347204-silly-season-name-your-expansion-town-why/page/2/#comments

Thank you for that. cheers. It does sound really good doesn't it? I just wish someone was documenting their progress, defining what worked (and what didn't) so that others can model their achievements without having to re-invent the wheel every time. This area of the games future is so important, we shouldn't be wasting precious resources (not least, newcomers energy and enthusiasm) by letting them make the same mistakes that others have made time and time again.

• Like 2

come on, write the book?