Storm Signing - Is it enough?

Melbourne are set to improve their depleted backline following the signing of former Raider, Bulldog and Titan Brenko Lee.

Lee, the cousin of Newcastle winger Edrick, has been on a train and trial deal over summer and has now officially signed for the 2020 season.

Olam, Seve , Earl and now Brenko Lee will compete to take the places of Chambers and Curtis Scott. Then there's the prospect of losing Addo-Carr  sooner or later. Vunivalu leaves at the end of this season.

Granted Addo-Carr will only be allowed to leave early if an equivalent (?) replacement is part of the deal.

Interesting days at Storm.

• Graham changed the title to Storm Signing - Is it enough?

Thing about the storm is they sign players and you think “ erm not sure there “ but the way they integrate and improve them in their systems is second to none . It’s a well oiled machine of a set up it pains me to say

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Thing about the storm is they sign players and you think “ erm not sure there “ but the way they integrate and improve them in their systems is second to none . It’s a well oiled machine of a set up it pains me to say

One man’s pain is another man’s pleasure. I think I’m allowed to say that. It does reference Storm btw.

It's hard to assess Brenko because he's never played in a winning team.(except Raiders 2016 where he was mainly injury cover for Edrick)  I think he's adequate injury cover but I can't see him playing 15+ NRL games.

Here's the chance for the young guns to step up. Bellyache and Storm, if history is a guide to anything, will get the best out of Brenko and any other player young or old who is signed before or during th e season.

I'd be happy to see Doueihi at the club, but maybe the draw of Tigers ( or more money) might see him in your outfit FD.

On 24 January 2020 at 11:57, Graham said:

Here's the chance for the young guns to step up. Bellyache and Storm, if history is a guide to anything, will get the best out of Brenko and any other player young or old who is signed before or during th e season.

I'd be happy to see Doueihi at the club, but maybe the draw of Tigers ( or more money) might see him in your outfit FD.

The Storm have had a great record of bringing in solid if average players and improving them but unlike previous years they do seem to be lacking the real quality this season that always complimented those hardworking players.

I still think they'll make the playoffs,but genuine premiership contenders I'm not so sure.

Archived