Championship clubs consider structure changes

9 minutes ago, SL17 said:

If P&R is done away with and a closed shop on SL! 
It doesn’t really matter if the lower tiers are semi/ pro.. 

Dos it!

If the Championship got cut adrift, but then got rid of the salary cap. They could entice investors and really challenge SL.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SL17 said:

Then again going off the post match comments of Mr McDermott. They are their next season regardless.

Its not a case of SL cutting adrift the lower tiers. It’s a case of the lower tiers cutting SL adrift.

But as always SL will want something for nothing.

What will SL want from the lower tiers (for free) if the lower tiers cut themselves adrift from SL?

9 hours ago, SL17 said:

If P&R is done away with and a closed shop on SL! 
It doesn’t really matter if the lower tiers are semi/ pro.. 

Dos it!

My feeling is that the Super League in whatever form or format it takes in 2022 will be a closed shop.

And I think there will be less clubs than there are now in a new look Championship.

As to how that will be rationalised will I think be the $64000 question.

But my feeling is that the answer or answers to that question will be very controversial and very unpopular to many.

If S.L becomes a closed shop or by invitation only Championship could split into 2 groups of 10.Each team would play each other home and away in their group 18 games and the other group once ie five at home and five away giving a total of 28 games per season.The fixtures could be reversed the following season playing the teams that you played at home away and vice versa.Top two teams from each group play off for The Champions Trophy.

19 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

If S.L becomes a closed shop or by invitation only Championship could split into 2 groups of 10.Each team would play each other home and away in their group 18 games and the other group once ie five at home and five away giving a total of 28 games per season.The fixtures could be reversed the following season playing the teams that you played at home away and vice versa.Top two teams from each group play off for The Champions Trophy.

It seems a confusing one to me.

1 hour ago, Robthegasman said:

It seems a confusing one to me.

Simple Group A PLAY EACH OTHER HOME AND AWAY.Group B PLAY EACH OTHER HOME AND AWAY.A and B play each other once 5 matches at Home and 5 Away 28 games.The hard part would be deciding which teams  go into each Group that would be difficult.

9 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Simple Group A PLAY EACH OTHER HOME AND AWAY.Group B PLAY EACH OTHER HOME AND AWAY.A and B play each other once 5 matches at Home and 5 Away 28 games.The hard part would be deciding which teams  go into each Group that would be difficult.

There could be something in that perhaps.

You are right in as much as how to decide which teams go into which group.

It is certainly something which I think is different.

I think ultimately it all depends on the number of clubs.

Archived