French Sport Back Soon?

3 hours ago, silverback said:

If these players are wearing masks and were told the virus is built up on the outside of said mask, How can we play rugby and not make contact with the mask,we have all on to keep scrum caps on, So how a mask is supposed to hold up and work in contact is crazy.Its a massive gamble that by sounds of things is been taken far too quickly,And also a gamble with peoples lives too.?

It's like an Hans Christian Anderson fairy story, some people want to believe anything.

23 hours ago, gingerjon said:

That reads to me that in about three weeks the French will have a lockdown broadly similar to ours in terms of outdoor exercise with the difference being access to training for professional athletes?

Glad it's not just me struggling with the idea that it's somehow "A yardstick for the UK".

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 23/04/2020 at 18:49, dboy said:

"August/September: return to normality including sports matches played before a crowd. Large public gatherings will not be allowed until at least mid-July. Nor will bars, restaurants etc open before then."

Regarding bars and restaurants etc in France a decision will be made at the end of may. The hope is that they will reopen mid june but under strict distancing guidelines.

The kids will be back at school from the 11th may with a phasing in over three weeks.

The Tour de France, France's biggest sporting event and the main money-spinner will take place from the end of august.

The UK is about 10 to 14 days behind France.

Archived