Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
burnleywelsh

Broncos to sign England Union International

Recommended Posts

On 27/05/2020 at 06:16, arcticchris said:

Definitely agree it’s a shallow pool currently.

When Daly Cherry-Evans is the incumbent 7 for the Kangaroos and not even really fighting anyone off you know it’s a far cry from the days when they Alfie Langer and Ricky Stuart contesting the jersey. Definitely the weakest first choice halfback the Aussies have had in my lifetime.

Weakest team in my life time. Go back5 years with Slater, Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Inglis, even Hayne. Who is at that level now? RLWC might be fairly exciting next year if it goes ahead. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, B rad said:

Weakest team in my life time. Go back5 years with Slater, Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Inglis, even Hayne. Who is at that level now? RLWC might be fairly exciting next year if it goes ahead. 

Hugely so, I’ve always thought Munster is overrated, flatters to deceive too often. Be interesting to see how Mitchell Moses continues this year as I have a feeling he’ll take a Kangaroos jersey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Hugely so, I’ve always thought Munster is overrated, flatters to deceive too often. Be interesting to see how Mitchell Moses continues this year as I have a feeling he’ll take a Kangaroos jersey 

I like Munster but his temperament is suspect when things are going badly.

 

I rate Wighton highly as a running half but it may be that his rep career is largely at centre given the lack of depth there.

 

Moses is a talent and well suited to the open game.

 

Tedesco is a very fine fullback and Ponga can be the impact bench player to fizz against tiring defences.

 

None of the halves are likely to step up to Lockyer/Thurston/Cronk level let alone having several at that level at the same time.

 

No hooker even fit to wear the same jersey number as Cameron Smith.

 

They do have some very dynamic forwards who can be superstars in David Fifita and Payne Haas who both have the potential to be the best forward to emerge since Jason Taumalolo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, B rad said:

Weakest team in my life time. Go back5 years with Slater, Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Inglis, even Hayne. Who is at that level now? RLWC might be fairly exciting next year if it goes ahead. 

I can't recall the number of times I've heard the Kangaroos pack, or halves, or three-quarters described as the weakest in living memory... and nearly every time*, who do we see with the trophy and bottles of bubbly on the last day? 

*The other times, it was a team with a silver fern on their shirts, not a red cross or a lion.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I can't recall the number of times I've heard the Kangaroos pack, or halves, or three-quarters described as the weakest in living memory... and nearly every time*, who do we see with the trophy and bottles of bubbly on the last day? 

*The other times, it was a team with a silver fern on their shirts, not a red cross or a lion.

Unfortunately this is very true. A weak OZ team on paper is often better than thought once out on the field. If it's losing too, it's usually to NZ for sure. 

I think the Kangaroos have too much quality in the backs and halves for England sadly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2020 at 06:02, Futtocks said:

I can't recall the number of times I've heard the Kangaroos pack, or halves, or three-quarters described as the weakest in living memory... and nearly every time*, who do we see with the trophy and bottles of bubbly on the last day? 

*The other times, it was a team with a silver fern on their shirts, not a red cross or a lion.

Yep that is true but still my statement stands who in the Australian team is at that level? 

Consider since the last RLWC Aus has only won 50% of its games.

Edited by B rad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, B rad said:

Yep that is true but still my statement stands who in the Australian team is at that level? 

Consider since the last RLWC Aus has only won 50% of its games.

Until we see a "W" next to England or GB in the records, we're still officially behind. And the last couple of weeks has seen plenty of next-generation youngsters making their mark in the NRL.


"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...