Sat 30 May: NRL: Melbourne Storm v Canberra Raiders (Sky TV 10.30am)

Who will win?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Melbourne Storm
    • Canberra Raiders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/05/20 at 09:30

Potential or actual International representatives for other than Australia and New Zealand on display in this game:

Ryan Papenhuyzen  -  Netherlands ?

Suliasi Vunivalu -- Fiji

Marion Seve -- Samoa

Justin Olam --  Papua-New Guinea

Nikola Cotric -- Serbia

George WIlliams -- England

Elliot Whitehead -- England

Josh Hodgson -- England

Emre Guler -- Turkey 

Josh Papalii -- Samoa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Williams outstanding . Quality over quantity . My word bar one dodgy kick he was sensational . Hodgson is a bit of an enigma . Best hooker in the NRL nowadays but we just don’t see anything like  that high level  consistency and control for us at international level . Canberra look the business , that defence is what wins the big prize 

34 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Williams outstanding . Quality over quantity . My word bar one dodgy kick he was sensational . Hodgson is a bit of an enigma . Best hooker in the NRL nowadays but we just don’t see anything like  that high level  consistency and control for us at international level . Canberra look the business , that defence is what wins the big prize 

If both Williams and Hodgson are playing for England next time - whenever that is - their combination should be well established.It has often been team coherence that has scuppered us, not a want of individual talent. Can't wait 'til a fully fit Bateman is back in action, too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 31/05/2020 at 00:15, Manfred Mann said:

Potential or actual International representatives for other than Australia and New Zealand on display in this game:

Ryan Papenhuyzen  -  Netherlands ?

Suliasi Vunivalu -- Fiji

Marion Seve -- Samoa

Justin Olam --  Papua-New Guinea

Nikola Cotric -- Serbia

George WIlliams -- England

Elliot Whitehead -- England

Josh Hodgson -- England

Emre Guler -- Turkey 

Josh Papalii -- Samoa

If Ryan Papenhuyzen chooses to play for Netherlands instead of Australia in the lead up to the 2025 World Cup, he will become the youngest captain ever of the Netherlands national team. That would be an incredible honour.

25 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

If Ryan Papenhuyzen chooses to play for Netherlands instead of Australia in the lead up to the 2025 World Cup, he will become the youngest captain ever of the Netherlands national team. That would be an incredible honour.

No brainer , I can see that happening ... honestly 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

No brainer , I can see that happening ... honestly 

If it happens, then it will raise the profile of rugby league not only in the Dutch rugby league hotbeds of Rotterdam and The Hague, but also in the so far untouched jewel in the crown, which is Amsterdam.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

If it happens, then it will raise the profile of rugby league not only in the Dutch rugby league hotbeds of Rotterdam and The Hague, but also in the so far untouched jewel in the crown, which is Amsterdam.

Which then raises the possibility of a magic weekend in the Dam.....ooh baby.

Archived