Seibold due to find out trolls - $1m payoff

Anthony Seibold has engaged a European cybersecurity firm to discover the source(s) of the apparently vile rumours spread about him on social media. This malicious stuff, added to his woes at Broncos has put huge pressure on him and his family. 

The game often boasts that it's a family. Surely it should stand by its own in times of trouble.

Seibold is upset that nobody from the NRL has phoned him up to check on his well being.

He is due to find out the source of these reportedly vile rumours this evening or tomorrow. (Monday/Tuesday 17/18th Aug). He is said to know already these rumours do not just come from random trolls.

Then he will have to decide whether it is just a police matter or whether he takes action via the courts for defamation.

Must be hard for the bloke. 

He is isolated from his work and the community due to leaving the Covid bubble.

Garrett is on Seibold’s legal team. He is giving an intriguing insight into the way the investigation is uncovering what happened and where.

Garratt later told The Australian that they were closing in on a “person of prominence” who had “blacked out” their social media accounts in the wake of the investigation.

“The minute it came out that there was cyber-people involved, someone shut down their account straight away — all their social media went pretty much black,” he said.

“They won’t tell me their name, but it went black. A prominent name.”

“The report will say who generated the messages, who made the allegations and where they forwarded them on to.

“I can see some nervous people in the next 24 hours.”

Interesting or what?

Well time will tell.

41 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

I can't stand Trolls. Keyboard warriors hiding behind a screen. 

Whatever is thought about a bloke and his performance as a coach, folk have to remember he's a human being with feelings who is under extreme pressure and with little or no support other than his close family.

There's then the usual mindlesss trolls who go in to vent their spleens. But here it seems there's someone else or some others being inferred here, who may be in or near the game who seem to have a personal vendetta and are involved in character assassination ... or ...well who knows until the outcome of the investigations becomes known?

Courier Mail reporter Peter Badel told Fox League’s NRL360

“I can tell you some breaking news: the cybersecurity experts have found a group of people they believe are guilty of these social media slurs against Anthony Seibold.

“They are associates with links to NRL people. Those people are coaches, former coaches, and former NRL players.

“We’re not saying it’s the actual current coaches behind this, but associates – i.e. family, friends, partners.

“I spoke to Anthony Seibold’s lawyer (Garratt) today, and they’re 90 per cent sure they’ll get the men they’re after.

“They expect a final, definitive call in the next 24 to 48 hours. I think there’ll be some very nervous people in the NRL at the moment.”

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Courier Mail reporter Peter Badel told Fox League’s NRL360

Wow. Speculating here that it might be to do with Kevie’s backers. Tallis etc...

I would like to think Bennett wouldn’t stoop to that level.

• Graham changed the title to Seibold due to find out trolls - $1m payoff

“This is the biggest story in the game at the moment,” James Hooper told Big League Wrap as the story broke.

“By rights Anthony Seibold... is entitled to $3.2 million. This is a smart play and the right play from the Broncos.

“Try to draw a line under it, move on and they can begin to repair the damage.

Well should he take the money and run, or hold out for his full contractual payment. After all, if he takes the money where will he go from there in the game?

To me $1m seems a lot, (about £546,000), but $3.2m (c £1.75m) would be nicer...

Then there's the other matter of the trolling.

Monday...

Fox and most of the other media outlets have had him gone with $1m all day.

He’s still there and holding out though. 
My bet that he is holding out for more than the reported $1m offered...

... say more like 2million of the the 3+ million left on his contract.

He and his rep would be daft not to try.

Broncos are desperate to move on and he needn’t rush.

He just needs to be seen to fulfil the terms of his current contract until they make him the offer he won’t refuse.

Wednesday 

Anthony Seibold confirmed that he has the names of those responsible for the rumours and will pursue charges.

“I’m looking for criminal charges,” he said.

“I will be making a complaint to police and we will see who we can charge. My solicitor believes he’s got grounds to get people charged. So I’m not letting up on that.”

58 minutes ago, Graham said:

Wednesday 

Anthony Seibold confirmed that he has the names of those responsible for the rumours and will pursue charges.

“I’m looking for criminal charges,” he said.

“I will be making a complaint to police and we will see who we can charge. My solicitor believes he’s got grounds to get people charged. So I’m not letting up on that.”

I’d love to know those names if they’re connected with the game

Archived