NRL Match thread Round 1 2021

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Error strewn game but yes,  it was the season opener.  Storm looked to me to be significantly better than Souths, seemed to know what they were doing, whilst Souths less so. Right result,in my view.   Burgess collarbone? 

Two questions.

1. Is the mullet making a come back?  

2. Has the offside rule change?  

8 minutes ago, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

11,812 i believe the crowd was . 

A game of two halves . Good to get away with the win. 

Anyone who hasnt come to a storm game . The atmosphere is huge even with 11,812 . Very enjoyable. 

Were you there DDG?

It was great to see Storm playing in front of a home crowd.  Were there any restrictions on the number of people allowed in the stadium.

It didn't seem like there was any social distancing rules for the seating, or am I wrong on that?

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Were you there DDG?

It was great to see Storm playing in front of a home crowd.  Were there any restrictions on the number of people allowed in the stadium.

It didn't seem like there was any social distancing rules for the seating, or am I wrong on that?

Yes i was , on the train going home atm . 

I believe there was a 50 percent restriction. So the 11,812 was close to capacity 14,500 was max allowed tonight . 

No social distancing enforced , chances of cathching this are real slim in melbourne atm. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

Yes i was , on the train going home atm . 

I believe there was a 50 percent restriction. So the 11,812 was close to capacity 14,500 was max allowed tonight . 

No social distancing enforced , chances of cathching this are real slim in melbourne atm. 

Long may that continue. I've had the jab here. Pleased with that. As you'll know Covid has been a big problem here. The development of vaccines so quickly has been a godsend.

If you had a few photos you could post that would be great.

5 minutes ago, Graham said:

Long may that continue. I've had the jab here. Pleased with that. As you'll know Covid has been a big problem here. The development of vaccines so quickly has been a godsend.

Will do . Im struggling to figure out how u post photos on the forum now. 

Im not the most tech savy 30 year old. 

Im ok pass mark , in my defence 🙂

6 minutes ago, Graham said:

Been bad in Europe i know.

Lucky to live in this amazing city and country , dont think for a second im not aware of that. 

Hope thinks improve in the UK . I feel for you , these are war time like losses in terms of figures . 

43 minutes ago, Graham said:

Look at the summary and Papenhuyzen has to be MofM

Indeed. He was everywhere, all the time, faultlessly so.  The guy showed skill, speed, accuracy, vision and an appalling haircut.  Any news on Burgess?

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Indeed. He was everywhere, all the time, faultlessly so.  The guy showed skill, speed, accuracy, vision and an appalling haircut.  Any news on Burgess?

No update yet.

Main concern for stinger/burner where nerves that run from neck/shoulder down into arm are compressed, can reproduce significant symptoms short term but most settle very quickly. Still we'll have to wait and see.

Best wishes Tom.

27 minutes ago, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

Will do . Im struggling to figure out how u post photos on the forum now. 

Im not the most tech savy 30 year old. 

Im ok pass mark , in my defence 🙂

If in doubt you could upload them to IMGUR a free hosting site. If you put your photos on your computer/tablet/ phone you can upload them to Imgur and then get a link you can copy and paste into a post on the forum.

Covid as you know was serious here and has caused s illnesses, deaths and anxiety. The mass vaccination programme here is being very successful and as a result there's cause for cautious optimism. many millions have already had their first and important jab including the medically vulnerable in particular.

Latest on Tom:

Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett was positive about Burgess’ condition post match.

“Tom’s OK, he’s got a pretty stiff neck and his arm doesn’t have all the strength there, but the doctor doesn't think its too bad,” Bennett said.

“He’s going to hospital now just to get some precautionary stuff. He had a couple of burners last year but they weren’t as bad as this.”

Archived