Match Thread: Challenge Cup Second Round, Featherstone Rovers v Batley Saturday-27th-March-2021

marklaspalmas

I interviewed Nu Brown pre-season and he stated that he prefers to play in the halves down the left, because his sidestep is stronger off his left foot. It must be something special because the way he stepped in and out for his try was brilliant.

So far this season they've both played down both sides and Sherlock played down the left whereas he always played down the right last time he was here.

It's early doors yet and it'll get sorted, at least I hope so. I never thought Briggsy and Kainy played their best together because they both preferred the right, and Briggsy was better with Thacks who was a lefty.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

We've played two competitive matches and have played 40 minutes of "good" rugby - in which scored 71 points and won both games. 

Teams and players will find it hard to be consistent and to get to a good level for the first few weeks / months of the season. 

Batley has always been a tough nut to crack for us and many other teams. 

Well said. Couldn't agree more 

11 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

I interviewed Nu Brown pre-season and he stated that he prefers to play in the halves down the left, because his sidestep is stronger off his left foot. It must be something special because the way he stepped in and out for his try was brilliant.

So far this season they've both played down both sides and Sherlock played down the left whereas he always played down the right last time he was here.

It's early doors yet and it'll get sorted, at least I hope so. I never thought Briggsy and Kainy played their best together because they both preferred the right, and Briggsy was better with Thacks who was a lefty.

Interesting, to be fair when Nu played on the left against Bradford he through out a couple of great passes to his left to create tries.

I did wonder why Webbo swapped Chisholm and Holmes round from their customary positions in the first place. Given what you have said I'm assuming the reversing of this change is to do with Chisholm, he was quiet against Bradford and struggled a little defensively, maybe he asked to go back to the left.

13 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

We've played two competitive matches and have played 40 minutes of "good" rugby - in which scored 71 points and won both games. 

Teams and players will find it hard to be consistent and to get to a good level for the first few weeks / months of the season. 

Batley has always been a tough nut to crack for us and many other teams. 

The other games I've watched have been littered with errors too. Lots of 'ring rust' to  clear after a year off. 

Archived