Super League

Andrew Vause

I don't post on here much now, however tonight is an exception. 

People slag off soccer all the time, rightly or wrongly. But wouldn't it have been great for the likes of us, Batley, Dewsbury, York, Rochdale, many more in 95, had RL fans had the Balls and Solidarity that has been demonstrated by football fans today

Sky employees saying how they are against franchises and the thought of no promotion and competition a way of killing the game. 

I can't get my breath more than ever now, how the likes of ourselves were sold down the Calder. 

At least the objective of successful expansion and closing the gap on the antipodeans has been achieved so very very successfully. 

10 hours ago, Andrew Vause said:

People slag off soccer all the time, rightly or wrongly. But wouldn't it have been great for the likes of us, Batley, Dewsbury, York, Rochdale, many more in 95, had RL fans had the Balls and Solidarity that has been demonstrated by football fans today

Sky employees saying how they are against franchises and the thought of no promotion and competition a way of killing the game. 

I can't get my breath more than ever now, how the likes of ourselves were sold down the Calder. 

At least the objective of successful expansion and closing the gap on the antipodeans has been achieved so very very successfully. 

I am heartened that age has not mellowed your humour and/or cynicism Vausey owd cock.

Good post

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/04/2021 at 23:43, Andrew Vause said:

We did, we invaded pitches, did pretty much all the same stuff but ultimately it was futile. Even the mighty Sky TV weren't in with a shot for the football rights, hence the recent hostile shows. Of course they were the ones behind our SL shenanigans. Can remember taking part in it all as a 15 year old or summat. 

I recall fans from a few clubs descending on the hotel at Ainley Top to gently voice their displeasure I'm sure. The way the powers that be have treated certain clubs over the years is nowt short of disgraceful, I would say even illegal. 🤬

8 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

We did, we invaded pitches, did pretty much all the same stuff but ultimately it was futile. Even the mighty Sky TV weren't in with a shot for the football rights, hence the recent hostile shows. Of course they were the ones behind our SL shenanigans. Can remember taking part in it all as a 15 year old or summat. 

In saying that, thinking about it, it was the merger part of it all that infuriated us, hoodwinked by that small part of the plan in the most part. 

Archived