Dewsbury Game 11

jroyales

1 hour ago, OL14.yeds said:

Kids interested in Rugby League in Oldham will just get taken to Rochdale on a freebie, or to a Super League game where tickets aren’t much dearer than the Championship.

If the club is just gonna flip-flop between L1 and struggling in the Championship, I’d rather see it put effort and resources into establishing a permanent home in the borough, even if it meant less success on the pitch for a period. I’d love to see a return to Boundary Park but I’m not sure how viable it is at the moment with the issues surrounding the ownership of the ground and the football club.

Indeed, if Rochdale carry on with these promotions then people will keep going. Whether they'd go if the tickets weren't freebies is another thing. Our club need to do a damn sight more to entice the people with kids to watch their home town club. The average age of the fans is getting older every season. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats-

Green-6 tackles. one miss. one offload. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 17 carries=129m

Brierley-2 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 9 carries=43m

Ince-17 tackles. 5 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. 15 carries=91m

Roberts-9 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 23 carries=165m

Holcroft-3 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one clean break. 14 carries=123m

Owen-24 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 7 carries=43m

Barran-21 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. one tackle bust. 4 carries=14m

Kirk-29 tackles. 2 misses. 4 carries=41m

Charnock-48 tackles. 2 misses. no carries

Nelmes-33 tackles. 3 misses. 9 carries=65m

Langtree-35 tackles. 8 misses. 2 offloads. 3 tackle busts. 17 carries=117m

Bent-44 tackles. one miss. 10 carries=56m

Reilly-49 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 14 carries=101m

subs

Dupree-25 tackles. 2 misses. 3 offloads. 6 tackle busts. one clean break. 16 carries=151m

Fletcher-24 tackles. one miss. 10 carries=62m

Pick-24 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 10 carries=79m

Gregory-8 tackles. one miss. 2 carries=10m

19 hours ago, jroyales said:

41 missed tackles - at this level that can't be acceptable. The coach doesn't miss tackles the players really do need to look at themselves - are they proud to wear the Oldham shirt?

Most of the missed tackles looked to me to be due to disorganisation. The line was ragged and players were unsure of those alongside them. This IS down to coaching.

You have a set of decent players who are performing to below their potential. Sadly it will be too late to turn around this season, I reckon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived