Bulldogs in SL 2

tms

3 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Just as another example BSJ. The RFL have today docked Fev 2 League points and given them a £10k fine.

It turns out, from CCTV footage obtained by the police, that 11 players that played against us 5 days later, should have been forced to isolate, like Ferries had to. Campbell went on record stating Ferries was the only player in attendance at the bar for the illegal p155 up. 

So the Fev chairman publicly lied, obstructed an RFL investigation, risked another club's players health during a pandemic, and knowingly fielded 11 ineligible players in a league game. 

Batley are still seemingly awarded the loss, from a game that should never have been played. Fev lose £10k and the league points they should not have had in the first place. 

The sports administration is a laughing stock!

I think it is incumbent on our club to take this issue up with the RFL (they may already have done so) and to try to get the loss removed from our record.

13 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I think it is incumbent on our club to take this issue up with the RFL (they may already have done so) and to try to get the loss removed from our record.

Why should it be up to Batley to take this issue up? It should have been done as a matter of course. The RFL have all of the facts, yet have chosen to punish them by way of a derisory fine and docking them the points they got from a game, that the RFL should never have allowed to be played in the first place, pending the investigation.

It is just another example of the pure unadulterated incompetence within the game. Let's not forget the guy heading this sport up is not paid in washers, he is getting over £200k a year for this. Would you say the club's are getting value for money?

I'm old fashioned, but I'd expect more from someone earning minimum wage!

5 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Why should it be up to Batley to take this issue up? It should have been done as a matter of course. The RFL have all of the facts, yet have chosen to punish them by way of a derisory fine and docking them the points they got from a game, that the RFL should never have allowed to be played pending the investigation.

It is just another example of the pure unadulterated incompetence with the game. Let's not forget the guy heading this sport up is not paid in washers, he is getting over £200k a season. Would you say the club's are getting value for money?

Because if we don't, we clearly won't get the loss removed, that's why! Whatever you think the RFL are and do, if we just snipe and moan on forums, nothing will change, hence why I said we should take the issue up! 

Is that clear enough?

5 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Because if we don't, we clearly won't get the loss removed, that's why! Whatever you think the RFL are and do, if we just snipe and moan on forums, nothing will change, hence why I said we should take the issue up! 

Is that clear enough?

Not the question I asked.

I was pointing out that a competent administration should have done this as a matter of course.

It shouldn't need pointing out by a club.

Do you disagree?

1 minute ago, DOGFATHER said:

I was pointing out that a competent administration should have done this as a matter of course.

Do you disagree?

You can state whatever you want about the RFL. In a perfect world, the record should be amended in our favour, but it isn't, so we need to take it up. If you want to carry on raging at the RFL, then do so, but that was not my point.

31 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Do you disagree?

Operational Rules do not allow for the results of completed fixtures to be altered. "

From the press release.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

Just as another example BSJ. The RFL have today docked Fev 2 League points and given them a £10k fine.

It turns out, from CCTV footage obtained by the police, that 11 players that played against us 5 days later, should have been forced to isolate, like Ferres had to. Campbell went on record stating Ferries was the only player in attendance at the bar for the illegal p155 up. 

So the Fev chairman publicly lied, obstructed an RFL investigation, risked another club's players health during a pandemic, and knowingly fielded 11 ineligible players in a league game. 

Batley are still seemingly awarded the loss, from a game that should never have been played. Fev lose £10k and the league points they should not have had in the first place. 

Yet there isn't even a hint of bringing the game in to disrepute, nor kicking Campbell out of the game.

The administration is a complete laughing stock!

But you are not blase? I reckon the floodlights must have gone out on the blindside of the pitch, where you reside.

No, I am not blase nor stupid DF. It is not my role to defend the Featherstone chairman nor even the RFL. If you actually read the press release you will find that the RFL did go through their due process regarding the 12 (not 11) players and the obstruction of the police enquiry by that club.

Neither do I stand on street corners fulminating about life's injustices - I leave that to a select few.

In the meantime look up realpolitik, it may help.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

46 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

No, I am not blase nor stupid DF. It is not my role to defend the Featherstone chairman nor even the RFL. If you actually read the press release you will find that the RFL did go through their due process regarding the 12 (not 11) players and the obstruction of the police enquiry by that club.

Neither do I stand on street corners fulminating about life's injustices - I leave that to a select few.

In the meantime look up realpolitik, it may help.

I don't for a moment think you are stupid, (even given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, in supporting the wrong heavy woollen team). 😆

I am just a little perplexed why you seemingly cannot see anything wrong with the administration, and appear to feel the need to jump to the RFL's defence on almost every bit of criticism aimed at them.

Calling anyone who does not share view, that everything in world of RL is hunky dory, paranoid. 

No berating, fulminating, or throwing my toys out of the pram here, I'm just very disillusioned by the game as whole. Looking at the attendance figures in SL, the value put on the game by TV companies, it seems I am not alone.

We are having an amazing season so far, far better than I ever expected, but it is tarnished a little with the knowledge that no matter what miracles clubs like Batley conjure up; showing how club's can stick to a tight budget and still be competitive. None of that seems to matter to the club's that are seemingly pulling the strings. 

3 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I don't for a moment think you are stupid, (even given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, in supporting the wrong heavy woollen team). 😆

I am just a little perplexed why you seemingly cannot see anything wrong with the administration, and appear to feel the need to jump to the RFL's defence on almost every bit of criticism aimed at them.

Calling anyone who does not share view, that everything in world of RL is hunky dory, paranoid. 

No berating, fulminating, or throwing my toys out of the pram here, I'm just very disillusioned by the game as whole. Looking at the attendance figures in SL, the value put on the game by TV companies, it seems I am not alone.

We are having an amazing season so far, far better than I ever expected, but it is tarnished a little with the knowledge that no matter what miracles clubs like Batley conjure up; showing how club's can stick to a tight budget and still be competitive. None of that seems to matter to the club's that are seemingly pulling the strings. 

I see many, many things wrong with the administration, the structure, some clubs and a fair few supporters. What I don't like is the lazy stereotyping of "everything that the RFL does is wrong" and the suggestions that they are a bunch of corrupt, mendacious idiots. I do know that the average supporter would have a meltdown within 30 minutes if they tried to successfully and equitably solve any of the games problems. There are many compromises in life, including in sport.

I do recall my own club having success (too long ago for many to recall) after which we were denied access to SL. I also know that, in fact, my club were in the wrong and the RFL, ultimately, correct with their decision. I remember the wholesale accusations that many of my fellow fans threw at the RFL at the time, a fair few of whom continue to believe that they were stitched up.

Similarly I remember being told by fellow fans that, after we beat Leeds in the Championship final in 1973 (against RFL "orders") that all referees were instructed to give Dewsbury nothing in all matches played since then. I didn't believe their paranoia then and don't succumb to it now. It has the unpleasant result of spoiling any sliver of enjoyment that can occasionally come the way of supporters of "lesser" clubs.

3 hours ago, RogerT said:

Another case for KN to fight our corner once again, it reminds me of a certain cup match and a rule adjustment.

Or evading relegation on a technicality?

Archived