Thu 23 Sept: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/09/21 at 19:15

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, M j M said:

For the retro round I'd expect ex players on the pitch, interviews, the team wearing a heritage shirt, retro focused programme (although I don't think wigan do them any more?) stuff on the screen to support the event etc.

None of it rocket science and something I want the entire league to be doing once a year. But if you're going to do it at least do it properly. As it was it was largely just the lower ticket price which was the lead which was a bit disappointing.

They had ex players on the pitch and some interviews the last time they did a retro round but I wouldn't be in favour of them doing that while covid is still such an issue, and it would probably impact the number of people willing to take part in it anyway. Plus we don't have a marketing director at the moment so we weren't likely to be doing too much until that's sorted.

Either way some former players on the pitch and the players wearing a different shirt for one game isn't going to make me more willing to watch a game. I want to watch talented players on the pitch not people who used to be talented standing around talking for a bit.

Good news everyone.

I'll give it an hour and then check out Q-Vee for why Oledzki and Newman should have had five game bans each, just like "ahh Tommeh" got for something completely different. Leeds, RFL, Hetherington, crooked, blah blah blah.

4 minutes ago, M j M said:

Good news everyone.

I'll give it an hour and then check out Q-Vee for why Oledzki and Newman should have had five game bans each, just like "ahh Tommeh" got for something completely different. Leeds, RFL, Hetherington, crooked, blah blah blah.

Oledzki can count himself lucky that Hardaker bounced back up.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Good news everyone.

Cue Saint Toppy to come up with his usual anti Leeds bias, ahh tommie not that kind of player unlike Rhino thugs.

On 27/09/2021 at 02:33, JohnM said:

I've not been to a Wigan game since they played at Springfield Park but I can attest that the club has always relied on the happenings on the pitch to generate the match day experience. I've heard that during the degenerate years at Central Park, the pre-match build up comprised a religious guy who used to wander around the club car park with a banner declaring Jesus Saves Fallen Women (with the crowd responding "Tell him to save one for me!"). Crowds were good, games tense and in the main exciting, and atmosphere great.

The easiest thing for the club to do to generate crowds and income would be to get the team playing exciting, skillful,  fast, open rugby with a commanding captain on the pitch, fast and effective half backs,  decent props and someone who can kick,  and to have a proper antipodean star, e.g.Gene Miles, Pat Richards, Doc Murray......

We had the religious guy post game at Hilton Park - his banner was ''The end is nigh'' with the crowd responding '' you watched the game then''

Archived