Pearce to Catalans…?

Seems to have some weight behind it this story; think this could work for Les Cats, he’s definitely got a couple of years in him - and think Jimmy M is still going to be living in Perpignan next year post-retirement?

McBanana will know him from the Roosters stint, and/or can get Trent to have a word, so can see this as pretty realistic I reckon…

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mitch-would-bring-what-jimmy-brought-why-catalans-are-willing-to-wait-for-pearce-20211023-p592ip.html

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

As a Knights fan, Pearce is along way from his best. However he still has value and would be a good replacement for Maloney (albeit a small downgrade). 

Pearce has a decent running game (although not as quick as he used to be) and is a good defender. He can lead a team around the park and has played in a lot of big games. His biggest weakness is his really poor kicking game. Lot of aimless mid field bombs and his short kicking has been bad for a few years. 

He does however come up with the big play fairly often, a good 40-20 or a clutch field goal. He would be a good signing for Catalan imo and a step above most halves in super league. 

As much as it makes sense I wish Catalans would make the decision to have Mourgue as their starting 6 and invest that money elsewhere. That is by far his best position and he is definitely ready.

There's a few others in that position at Catalans. Good enough to be playing every week in SL but not doing so. Namely Seguier, Laguerre & Jullien. Hopefully TO can pick them up if their situation doesn't improve

I reckon Toulouse need him more.

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

Archived