Places to stay / go out during WC

Eddie

As a number of forum users will be travelling to / staying over in other places during the WC, it may be a good idea (or a terrible one) to start a thread where people can ask about places that they’re going to. 

For a start I’m going to Hull with 7 mates for one of the games. Where would be a good place to stay (I’m thinking either the Marina or Ferensway holiday inn based on the map) and which area(s) are decent to go out drinking? 

I am awaiting my Christmas present from my wife a NEW WH SMITH DIARY being an old fart i just cannot plan anything until I receive this seriously :)) 

So around December 26th onwards ALL my rugby league visits 2022 sorted 🙂 Super League/Championship/France/World Cup :))))

Paul

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

As a number of forum users will be travelling to / staying over in other places during the WC, it may be a good idea (or a terrible one) to start a thread where people can ask about places that they’re going to. 

For a start I’m going to Hull with 7 mates for one of the games. Where would be a good place to stay (I’m thinking either the Marina or Ferensway holiday inn based on the map) and which area(s) are decent to go out drinking? 

The old town pubs in Hull are quite nice, and you can walk from the city centre to the stadium too.

The Minerva pub on the harbourside does nice food.

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

There's some great bars in the old town, around the Minster, tends to be the area most people gravitate towards. The most fashionable part of the city is Humber Street and the Fruit Market down by the marina and the waterfront. This is where you will find all the hipsters and artists and where there are independent art galleries, artisan breweries, bars, restaurants and all that sort of thing. 

Archived