Challenge Cup Scheduling

Joe 90

Not sure who is responsible for when Challenge Cup games are played, but it seems the public of Rochdale have been shortchanged on Saturday 12th  with Rochdale Mayfield at home to Doncaster KO 2.00pm and Hornets away to Lock Lane KO 2.30pm on the same day. Will not help attendances at either game.

27 minutes ago, Joe 90 said:

Not sure who is responsible for when Challenge Cup games are played, but it seems the public of Rochdale have been shortchanged on Saturday 12th  with Rochdale Mayfield at home to Doncaster KO 2.00pm and Hornets away to Lock Lane KO 2.30pm on the same day. Will not help attendances at either game.

Classic rugby league. Like scheduling Toulouse v Catalans on a Thursday night and giving Wigan back to back away games in France. 

Those are both games being hosted by amateur clubs at a standard time and day for amateur games. I suspect if Mayfield or Lock Lane were strong armed into playing on a different day so that a few dozen people could attend both they would be upset about it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Those are both games being hosted by amateur clubs at a standard time and day for amateur games. I suspect if Mayfield or Lock Lane were strong armed into playing on a different day so that a few dozen people could attend both they would be upset about it.

Fair comment I never thought about that !

Archived