RLWC2025 qualifying announced

8 hours ago, RL Sonja said:

I’m not sure any sport can do without Nigeria. Lagos will be the most populated city on the planet by the end of the century. 

Do you think cricket are desperately trying to break Nigeria, or rugby union, NFL, baseball, ice hockey etc? 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/03/2022 at 18:39, paulwalker71 said:

Being a bit more serious, the current World Rankings are 

https://www.intrl.sport/world-rankings/

Assuming that the QFs from this year will be Australia, NZ, England. France, Tonga, Fiji, Samoa and Lebanon.

Then the 6-8 European teams, as per rankings, might be: Ireland, Scotland, Serbia, Greece, Netherlands, Malta, Italy, Czech Republic (One assumes Wales will rise up the rankings)

Asia/|Pacific (5-7 berths) Papua New Guinea, Cook Islands, Philippines, Solomon Islands, then we are struggling

Americas: USA, (2 berths)  Canada, Jamaica, USA

Middle East / Africa (1-2) Nigeria, Ghana

Something like that...

Samoa, England and France are all in the same group mate… one of them will miss out. 

22 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Samoa, England and France are all in the same group mate… one of them will miss out. 

If this years World Cup goes per seeding  then it doesn’t leave much room for manoeuvre…

Eng, Samoa, Aus, Fiji, NZ, Lebanon, Tonga, PNG qualifying automatically with then France too as hosts.

With an extra four guaranteed for Europe (min 6) and 2 for Americas that would mean just one left for MEA, Africa, Europe and Asia Pacific to fight over for the last spot.

Be more interesting to see what would happen if one or two or those seeds don’t make the quarter finals this time.

1 minute ago, theswanmcr said:

If this years World Cup goes per seeding  then it doesn’t leave much room for manoeuvre…

Eng, Samoa, Aus, Fiji, NZ, Lebanon, Tonga, PNG qualifying automatically with then France too as hosts.

With an extra four guaranteed for Europe (min 6) and 2 for Americas that would mean just one left for MEA, Africa, Europe and Asia Pacific to fight over for the last spot.

Be more interesting to see what would happen if one or two or those seeds don’t make the quarter finals this time.

I don’t think Lebanon are nailed on to finish ahead of Jamaica and Ireland, or even favourites to. As Jamaica have a domestic set up I’d like to see them qualify from that group. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I don’t think Lebanon are nailed on to finish ahead of Jamaica and Ireland, or even favourites to. As Jamaica have a domestic set up I’d like to see them qualify from that group. 

A full strength Ireland will beat both in my opinion. 

Archived