Rogering the Rams

Batley Bob

48 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I thought they took it in good spirits, singing "we're all going on a League 1. Tour" 

And I know most of the Rams fans, there are only a dozen or so anyway!

You could count them on two hands, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 30/08/2022 at 08:57, bromleybulldog said:

I know it doesn't matter now but did no one else notice the final pass in the first Dewsbury try? Winger was spot on the 20 yard line when he passed and Sweeting caught it half way to the 10.  Ref and TJ completely ignored it. No doubt BSJ will tell us all about momentum, coming backwards out of the hand and other relativistic theories but for me it was a clear forward pass.

I wasn't in line but it was clearly forward. Refs don't seem to want to rule on try scoring passes. A lot of final passes for tries in SL are clearly forward. There was a forward pass in the play before Batley 1st try

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phildog said:

As I've said elsewhere, 90% of pop up passes out of acting half are forward. Forward passes seem to be low on the list of misdemeanours.

Time was, of course, when the ball actually had to go backwards but I suppose only the old gimmers remember that.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I got a RL handbook for Christmas when I was about 7 and it showed how to position the body to tackle and where to tackle tackle and how to turn the upper body to make a pass. That book should be re-issued!!

• Like 1