Elite 1 Round 1

Gomersall

For now the president is talking a lot but no one has heard or seen anything concrete.
I understand that the World Cup project is important but there is a lack of communication with the clubs.

Regarding Pia, we must not forget that politically despite its proximity to Perpignan, this city is not part of the Perpignan agglomeration. At the time, they were thus able to take advantage of specific funding from the inter-municipality which has many activity areas on its territory. I think we should be delighted with Pia's return to Elite. This team will always have more resources than Baho or Palau to allow players like Jullien to continue playing rugby league in Elite1.

Regarding the crowds, I think there were good crowds in Limoux and Lezignan, in Carcassonne it seemed meager and difficult to get an idea in Albi but they are on a good dynamic. An average of 1000 spectators seems correct to me for this first day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

16 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

What happened to the old Marie Guy 🙂 remember him employing 3/4 Aussies players on the council as roadsweepers LOL:) I remember one Aussie telling me he was on 4000 euros a month but hadn't actually swept any roads yet:)

Paul

He died 4 years ago.

I heard some stories very like yours.

7 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

He died 4 years ago.

I heard some stories very like yours.

Sad to hear that, i remember standing with him at Pia around 2005 ish when he announced that all he cared about was RL and if the good voters of Pia didn't like it then hard luck vote me out in the next election:)

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...