Forward passes

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Last time i watched ( not lately ) it was a thing that struck me , and if I remember even Stuart Barnes mentioned it in the match . Pass at feet … pass at head height … loopy pass … pass behind someone … pass on floor … pass hitting someone in the face 

Here's a development that could sort it all out.

Gilbert have produced an A1 techno Smart Ball with a chip in it that will measure all those awful RU passes so that coaches can improve players handling skills. Weight. direction. pace. length - all of that as well as speed .direction and distance of carry.

A bit like having GSM in the ball just like our players  wear in the backs of their shirts.

Far more interestingly it is anticipated that it will be able to mark touch , 40 - 20's in particular and- wait for it - forward passes.!!!

The system  is already in use in RugbyX to help on kick heights ( where there is a limit ) and is intended for the Gallagher Championship this season once the 20 or so field sensors needed are installed.......

Check out their website. 

Robo Ref's next ?