RLWC Website

18 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

My first port of call throughout the RLWC for results, fixtures, team lists, and other rudimentary details has been NRL.com.

I`m aware that they`re not desperately interested in international RL and on the other side of the world. However, I also know that their website is competent and reliable.

I`ve been doing the same thing and beneath each result, clearly and chronologically arranged, a quick click will get you 4 - 5 minutes of highlights of each game of the men`s, women`s and wheelchair tournaments.

Slightly off topic but it is a favourite accusation of V`landy`s bashers over here to say he gutted the NRL digital arm when he removed several reporters from NRL.com. at the behest of Foxtel and Channel Nine. I never went there anyway, it was like reading the People`s Daily looking for balanced coverage of the Chinese Government. Still with Pete being so proud of his Greek heritage I thought he may have at least made some attempt to remodel it as some sort of modern day NRL Greek chorus which may been interesting.

Edited by The Rocket

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

it was like reading the People`s Daily looking for balanced coverage of the Chinese Government. 

@Sports Prophet routinely visits the Chinese Government`s official site for all the latest news about the Beijing Bombers.

Same place I go to read of the huge increase in Auskick juniors across the People`s Republic.

Nobody trusts the AFL site anymore. Not even Chairman Dan in Vic. It`s pure propaganda, driven by dangerous ideologues.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

@Sports Prophet routinely visits the Chinese Government`s official site for all the latest news about the Beijing Bombers.

Same place I go to read of the huge increase in Auskick juniors across the People`s Republic.

Nobody trusts the AFL site anymore. Not even Chairman Dan in Vic. It`s pure propaganda, driven by dangerous ideologues.

I use We Chat mainly for catching up on all my Chinese news thank you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I`ve no idea what you`re talking about, but this looks like fertile ground for ribald wisecracks after an e is added. How scurrilous will depend on the age of the contributors.

Ewe Chat? Is that where we try and pull the wool over everyone’s eyes that this tournament is all rosy?

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

Ewe Chat? Is that where we try and pull the wool over everyone’s eyes that this tournament is all rosy?

No, that`s the site for lonely New Zealanders.

The old ones are the best. Jokes, not New Zealanders.

Don`t want to be the cause of your thread being locked so bringing it back on topic -

When the dust has settled, and we assess those elements of the WC that didn`t go well, the key question will be which were within the control of the organizers, and which were not. Intuitively I would place glitches in the official website and any other tech shortcomings in the former category.

Innocent question from a digital ignoramus - will the year`s delay have made it harder to make everything run smoothly?

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone else is having yet more issues with the RLWC site? They're showing areas available but when you try and select tickets it tells me 

There are not enough tickets available in the section or category that you have requested. To secure your place, please select the next available section or category

I'm trying to select one ticket in a Cat D/E area....

So I try again and get 

Unauthorized access

So I try Cat B/C areas....no problem at all. I've stated this in the match thread for the game, i'm keeping screenshots of all the areas that aren't allowing purchases and i'll take photos at the game if that doesn't seem to marry up. The cynic in me says they've taken single/double seats off sale in them areas in a bid to make last minute buyers choose more expensive options. I hope I'm wrong. 

Here's the hilarious part - in trying to simply navigate between the above states of uselessness, I then get thrown this.......! 

Pardon Our Interruption...

As you were browsing something about your browser made us think you were a bot. Please use Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari browser. There are a few reasons this might happen:

• You're a power user moving through this website with super-human speed.
  • You've disabled JavaScript and/or cookies in your web browser.
  • A third-party browser plugin, such as Ghostery or NoScript, is preventing JavaScript from running. Additional information is available in this support article.

After completing the CAPTCHA below, you will immediately regain access to the site again.

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold