RLWC Website

On my phone, I tried to find the women’s results.

Used the filters for “Results” and “Women’s” and the website displayed the Men’s results.

changed the “Results” filter to “fixtures” and the Wheelchair fixtures were displayed 😂

What a piece of 💩 

https://www.rlwc2021.com/tournament/womens-tournament/schedule-and-results

Edited by Sports Prophet
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Used the filters for “Results” and “Women’s” and the website displayed the Men’s results.

changed the “Results” filter to “fixtures” and the Wheelchair fixtures were displayed 😂

What a piece of 💩 

But it looks nice. 

Like many things this month, style over substance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I too went to the RLWC website, selected "schedule & results" and scrolled down to this week's dates.

The filters at the top of the page may not work, but the results are definitely there, including this evening's.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I too went to the RLWC website, selected "schedule & results" and scrolled down to this week's dates.

The filters at the top of the page may not work, but the results are definitely there, including this evening's.

Pathetic user experience. These are the most basic of principles in web development and they are not even working. Don’t try and defend it.

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

So it doesn't work then. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

So it doesn't work then. 

It does work.

It doesn't work well or properly.

It should work well and properly.

The people responsible for it have cocked up badly and should not have been paid until it was fixed.

But, going back to the OP's reason for visiting the website, it seems that you can find the women's results after all.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, Futtocks said:

It does work.

The people responsible for it have cocked up badly and should not have been paid until it was fixed.

But, going back to the OP's reason for visiting the website, it seems that you can find the women's results after all.

In a place that isn’t the obvious place to find them.

Well I’ll be honest, I wasn’t planning on going on an adventure. I just wanted the bloody results but more fool me for expecting the results page to have them.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

What a piece of 💩 

I have a similar issue when I filter my results by women on another website i tend to look at in the evening... but sadly you sometimes just have to play the hand your dealt.. :kolobok_ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Well I’ll be honest, I wasn’t planning on going on an adventure. I just wanted the bloody results but more fool me for expecting the results page to have them.

Fair dinkum!

48 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, the app has been pretty good for what I've needed to use it for (fixtures, scores, teams etc) 

I started using the app to access the ticketing portal as it seemed a bit easier than going direct for some reason 

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

The fixtures & results page has the fixtures and results. Which is a pretty obvious place to find them.

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Do I really have to point you back to the opening post?

The results section of the page linked in your original post is literally where the results are. I agree with you that the filters aren't working.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, Futtocks said:

It does work.

I don't think he's bothered about the women's results, though. He just wants to become a true rugby league fan by searching for problems. He could have just gone to the BBC Sport website in just a few clicks. but then, that wouldn't fit the narrative.

Edited by JohnM
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

I don't think he's bothered about the women's results, though. He just wants to become a true rugby league fan by searching for problems. He could have just gone to the BBC Sport website in just a few clicks. but then, that wouldn't fit the narrative.

Lol, great rational. Let me just demonstrate the discussion that is taking place right here…

Me: I went to the website of the guys that are organising the World Cup in order to check the scores of the most recent matches that were played, which happened to be the women’s matches last night. I chose to go to that website because I thought, if any organisation would have the information both accurate and ready to hand and easy to find, it would be them. Turns out their website is cack. I filtered women’s matches and it showed me either wheelchair or men’s fixtures and results. pretty cack isn’t it guys?

You: You bloody idiot, why would you expect that to work. Once you realised the site you went to wasn’t working, instead of thinking it’s cack, you should have been positive about the opportunity to start your search again by going to a media website. I mean, what kind of idiot would go to the website of the organisers to check the scores of the tournament. You negative idiot!

😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😆

Edited by Sports Prophet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

My first port of call throughout the RLWC for results, fixtures, team lists, and other rudimentary details has been NRL.com.

I`m aware that they`re not desperately interested in international RL and on the other side of the world. However, I also know that their website is competent and reliable.

In contrast, I know that finding anything on a UK RL site might require patience. A visit could be the start of a not-so-magical mystery tour. Especially not recommended for anyone whose nerves are already frazzled by listening to an hour and a half of Shazza Shortle, Andrea Dobson, Nobby Noble, Kyle Amor, et al.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Lol, great rational. Let me just demonstrate the discussion that is taking place right here…

Me: I went to the website of the guys that are organising the World Cup in order to check the scores of the most recent matches that were played, which happened to be the women’s matches last night. I chose to go to that website because I thought, if any organisation would have the information both accurate and ready to hand and easy to find, it would be them. Turns out their website is cack. I filtered women’s matches and it showed me either wheelchair or men’s fixtures and results. pretty cack isn’t it guys?

You: You bloody idiot, why would you expect that to work. Once you realised the site you went to wasn’t working, instead of thinking it’s cack, you should have been positive about the opportunity to start your search again by going to a media website. I mean, what kind of idiot would go to the website of the organisers to check the scores of the tournament. You negative idiot!

😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😆😂😆

Your half right. Not saying which half though. 😀😀

• Like 1