DEANE MEADOWS

tandle

12 hours ago, ste 81 said:

Not really very rarely played and gave away alot of penalties and continually dropped the ball.

Not bad for a squad player in League 1

But apart from that 

• Haha 2

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Running on with the water bottles 

• Haha 2

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

I think its really hard for a "squad player" to impress and I think if Meadows gets regular game time in the second row he will be ok. He certainly isn't a prop but was frequently played in that position. He was originally signed by Littler when he was Swinton's coach.

I find the Swinton’s supporters reaction to losing players rather disrespectful to players who gained you promotion. 

I attend a lot of Swinton games last year due to moving around the Manchester region and noticed all the players leaving played an integral part of the season and deserved a good send off. 

Someone asked for our opinion so I gave it, my thoughts on the people that moved on are:-

Hatton - Big loss has been immense for us

Roberts - Was in my top three for player of the year, really rated him

Hanson - Had for me, his best season with us

Meadows - Tried hard but not good enough, squad filler at best at league 1 level

Willkinson - Found his level in league 1, was way behind Roby and Waterworth

Charnock - loved him, always gave 100% and will be a big miss

Jones - Fan favourite for his effort, always seemed to struggle with his fitness but good league 1 player

Spencer - Got better as the league went on and had a really good last few months

Hope - Did all the rubbish most people miss, cleaned up other players missed tackles and ran some excellent lines. Big loss 

Else - Gutted he has left, thought he had real potential although seemed a bit injury prone. 

You seemed to rate Wilkinson, I don't. The players will get a good send off on presentation night and a thank you from the fans. 

Players move on, not many players now in the Butt, Waterworth or Lloyd mould who have turned down better offers previously to stay loyal. 

• Like 2

mark.gif

As I said earlier I think it is hard to shine if you are labelled as a squad player - Wilkinson as an example only came into his own when he was the first choice hooker and was getting more than 20 mins game time - his performance against NWC and solo try turned the match in our favour.

We lost Ben Heyes because he was being overlooked and even when he played well did not retain his place............

I personally think Dean Meadows will do well if given a regular spot in the second row.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2022 at 13:40, Mark said:

Someone asked for our opinion so I gave it, my thoughts on the people that moved on are:-

Hatton - Big loss has been immense for us

Roberts - Was in my top three for player of the year, really rated him

Hanson - Had for me, his best season with us

Meadows - Tried hard but not good enough, squad filler at best at league 1 level

Willkinson - Found his level in league 1, was way behind Roby and Waterworth

Charnock - loved him, always gave 100% and will be a big miss

Jones - Fan favourite for his effort, always seemed to struggle with his fitness but good league 1 player

Spencer - Got better as the league went on and had a really good last few months

Hope - Did all the rubbish most people miss, cleaned up other players missed tackles and ran some excellent lines. Big loss 

Else - Gutted he has left, thought he had real potential although seemed a bit injury prone. 

You seemed to rate Wilkinson, I don't. The players will get a good send off on presentation night and a thank you from the fans. 

Players move on, not many players now in the Butt, Waterworth or Lloyd mould who have turned down better offers previously to stay loyal. 

Agree with all the above mate. Absolutely spot on.

• Like 1