NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 *** SC Season Complete. See you for the 2024 SC competition here.

Been a tough week. Don't evenknow how many of the games I'll get to watch this week  Apologies to Graham as I meant to post the results on this thread and the tipping thread so he could enjoy his hols.

Enough.  Haas as captain problem is if Broncos race into a big league like last week they will bench him for most of second half. Reece Walsh looks an option.

For the Eels,Hopgood as sub rules him out I remember last season Tigers hammered them and Moses still scored 90 odd and that included dropping the ball whilst going under the sticks for what should have been a try.

This week imay captain a Knights winger nope not Young or a Titans winger. So let's see lots of laughing emoji to cheer me up.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

15 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Been a tough week. Don't evenknow how many of the games I'll get to watch this week  Apologies to Graham as I meant to post the results on this thread and the tipping thread so he could enjoy his hols.

Enough.  Haas as captain problem is if Broncos race into a big league like last week they will bench him for most of second half. Reece Walsh looks an option.

For the Eels,Hopgood as sub rules him out I remember last season Tigers hammered them and Moses still scored 90 odd and that included dropping the ball whilst going under the sticks for what should have been a try.

This week imay captain a Knights winger nope not Young or a Titans winger. So let's see lots of laughing emoji to cheer me up.

Marzhew and Khan Pereira are both interesting options. No laughing emojis from me, unless you meant Hymel Hunt and Phillip Sami 

• Haha 1

On 05/04/2023 at 22:07, Spotty Herbert said:

Marzhew and Khan Pereira are both interesting options. No laughing emojis from me, unless you meant Hymel Hunt and Phillip Sami 

Sami had already come back to haunt me. 

On another topic, at the moment I have 4 of my 7 CTW choices who have scored a massive 50 between them. Its been an interesting week.

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results AAlways: Captain Talk! Questions and
  • Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results, Questions and AOB
  • Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results, Questions and AOB …
11 hours ago, Graham said:

I’m finding choosing the captain more trying than in previous seasons for some reason.

Who do you reckon is a sound bet for R8?

If he is fully fit, Turbo vs Wests (or Garrick if you prefer). Seen a lot of chatter suggesting Joey Manu against the Dragons, but he is only owned by a small number of people. Maybe Munster or Meaney against the Warriors?

2 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

If he is fully fit, Turbo vs Wests (or Garrick if you prefer). Seen a lot of chatter suggesting Joey Manu against the Dragons, but he is only owned by a small number of people. Maybe Munster or Meaney against the Warriors?

In those there’s the question. Are there more points for a top player in a one sided game or a close call game?

You’d think a top player v Tigers should pile on the points.

The Storm Warriors game is less predictable and could be a close call. Will that provide a Munster or a Meaney with big points opportunities?

So if you mention Munster you could also mention Cleary. 

9 hours ago, Graham said:

In those there’s the question. Are there more points for a top player in a one sided game or a close call game?

You’d think a top player v Tigers should pile on the points.

The Storm Warriors game is less predictable and could be a close call. Will that provide a Munster or a Meaney with big points opportunities?

So if you mention Munster you could also mention Cleary. 

I would look at Cleary as vc (and Hynes) as they play early and it limits your chance of beating a head to head opponent by looping or changing tactics half way through the weekend if you have played your captain early. If Cleary is an option, Mitchell and Walker could also be considered.

It's easy, this, isn't it? 

Edited by Spotty Herbert

I've been slipping down the head-to-head table week after week. I don't think my team is that bad and my captain choices have been pretty good. Really hoping I start to get some wins back under my belt because there's nothing better than being in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

I've been slipping down the head-to-head table week after week. I don't think my team is that bad and my captain choices have been pretty good. Really hoping I start to get some wins back under my belt because there's nothing better than being in the playoffs. 

Similar here. I reckon I have a decent squad though I haven’t always picked the right captain. Maybe the competition in our league is stiffer this season. Congratulations and thanks to everyone who’s made this season’s comp so good.

• Like 1