NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 *** SC Season Complete. See you for the 2024 SC competition here.

2 hours ago, Graham said:

If and when are you going to buy Nicho Hynes?

Think I'm going to hold off getting Hynes in. I've got other issues in my team that need resolving first, plus that's a lot of money to pay for a player coming back from injury (despite his pedigree). I'd rather wait and see, pray he gets a couple of mediocre scores and drops 150-200k in value. If he does kill it this week, his price doesn't change so can then try and get him in (hopefully without ripping my team apart). Think the ideal time to bring him in would be after their bye (so round 7?). 

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Is it just me or is anybody else finding the start to this season being tougher than usual?

For me amongst other things I’ve been adversely affected by injuries and the regular drip drip of byes, amongst other things like captaincy and the usual who to buy/sell.

It has been tough to decide on captaincy so far this year. Usually you just throw the C on Teddy/Cleary, but confidence doesn't seem as high on those two compared to previous years. Grant, on the other hand, has been very reliable this year and you're more confident throwing the armband on him (and yet again this week with the Storm up against Wests). Injuries are always a headache. Thankfully my team hasn't been hit hard by injuries (jinxed myself now). 

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Questions 

1. Who do we buy/sell?

2. Is Nathan Cleary a sell or a keep?

3. Is Nicho Hynes a buy this week, next, soon or never?

4. Who’s the best captain this week?

Would be great if we could get a Corey Parker (remember CP13) who was good and reliable as a locked in captain.

5. Any other business.

1. Reece Walsh looks good for a cash grab with potential to be a keeper.

2. Keep unless you're desperate for Nicho.

3. For me, not till after the Sharks bye in round 6 (?)

4. When you decide, please let me know!!

5. I have got my captain wrong in all 3 weeks so far. Wondering whether to use a 2nd trade boost to try and change things up.

8 hours ago, Graham said:

Questions 

1. Who do we buy/sell?

2. Is Nathan Cleary a sell or a keep?

3. Is Nicho Hynes a buy this week, next, soon or never?

4. Who’s the best captain this week?

Would be great if we could get a Corey Parker (remember CP13) who was good and reliable as a locked in captain.

5. Any other business.

1.Cotter had to be sold this week.

2. Cleary sold look at that break even.

3.Hynes not only bought but will also be captain this week.

4.see 3

5. The Cats are coming be afraid Graham be very afraid🤣

• Haha 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results After Round 2 and Chat here. Round 3 - Always: Captain Talk! Questions and AOB.
3 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Unlucky, he was the choice of thousands and you would have expected a minimum 80 against Wests.

Yeah, I have a feeling Turbo could ton-up and those who captained him will be singing from thw rooftops. Think it was close between him and Grant for captaincy this week. My feeling all along was Val Holmes as captain, but was too chicken to go with him as he's at centre. I really hope he doesn't go ballistic now. I think from now on I'm going to go with my gut feel when picking captains, but also backed with season average stats based on which position teams concede the most points. 

On 21/03/2023 at 19:46, Irish Saint said:

3.Hynes not only bought but will also be captain this week.

I did tell you. 

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results After Round3 and Chat here. Round 4 Always: Captain Talk! Questions and AOB.

For me Round 4 was an ‘if only’ round.

If I’d chosen the right captain and substitutes I would have had 200+ more points! 

Tragic! 🙂

Anyway, enough of my moaning, let’s have an overall look at our R4 doings:

1. Fixtures

NdzacxU.jpg
Well done David and your Belfast Cats for top scoring, sadly it was me who was playing you 😭

3. Total Points

Ngwn4CT.jpg
NDUtp0j.jpg

Following on from above, that is me (Graham) with Darrington Drovers. I’ve met the wrong people in the H2Hs so far!😀

The top 15 sides are averaging 1000+ points per round with David and his Thatcham Rabbitohs not far off.

The top 17 this week broke the 1000 point barrier. 
This season our league is proving to be hugely competitive.

Good luck in R5.

Now I wonder who will be captain? …

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results After Round 4 and Chat here. Round 5 Always: Captain Talk! Questions and AOB
On 21/03/2023 at 20:02, Spotty Herbert said:

The Cats and the Drovers looks like a very close call. Not sure which team I would prefer to be managing at the moment. Captain choice looks like it will be critical.

David chose the better captain. Congratulations David.

I’m happy with my squad though. With better selection of captain and subs I would have been well pleased. As it happens my score was a reasonable one but could have been much better.

My captain was I thought a safe pair of hands in Harry Grant. It turned out he had a poor SC performance this week, despite playing okay in the game. With the right choice I could have turned 180 into 360! I also had a non playing sub score100+ and another 80+

Oh woe is me.

😀

Hynes made us non-owners pay. He was elite. I'm torn now. Rip my team up a little to get him in, or wait until after the Sharks' bye. If we wait until after their bye, we will have players who are ripe for selling and will make the trade to Hynes easier. But if we don't pick him, he could kill it again. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

Hynes made us non-owners pay. He was elite. I'm torn now. Rip my team up a little to get him in, or wait until after the Sharks' bye. If we wait until after their bye, we will have players who are ripe for selling and will make the trade to Hynes easier. But if we don't pick him, he could kill it again. 

I can't justify him on the bench next week. I have to wait until after the bye.

2 hours ago, Graham said:

David chose the better captain. Congratulations David.

I’m happy with my squad though. With better selection of captain and subs I would have been well pleased. As it happens my score was a reasonable one but could have been much better.

My captain was I thought a safe pair of hands in Harry Grant. It turned out he had a poor SC performance this week, despite playing okay in the game. With the right choice I could have turned 180 into 360! I also had a non playing sub score100+ and another 80+

Oh woe is me.

😀

With the right captain and choice of subs I would have scored an additional 230 points. We live and learn and try to deal with the anger !!!!

This week Murray has gone I can get the points he has been scoring with Jackson Ford who is a lot cheaper. With the money saved there and the 200k I had in the bank do I bring in Tapine in the front row or upgrade to Grant at hooker.

Edited by Irish Saint

12 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

This week Murray has gone I can get the points he has been scoring with Jackson Ford who is a lot cheaper. With the money saved there and the 200k I had in the bank do I bring in Tapine in the front row or upgrade to Grant at hooker.

I have a golden rule : never select a forward who is being coached by Ricky Stuart. They tend to play reduced minutes or get benched on a whim, with little regard for form.

23 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

I'd have Harry Grant rather than Tapine, in fact I have him.